April 2014 Moms
Options

Breakfast Ideas??

I know it's lunch time, but can we chat about breakfast? I really need some ideas for quick, healthy/nutritious, filling breakfasts.

I've gotten in the habit of eating a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats every morning and I feel like it's not very nutritious at all. It's sort of like eating a big bowl of dessert ;) Not to mention I'm starving again by 10:30!!

What do you ladies usually have every day?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Breakfast Ideas??

• Options
    I eat scrambled eggs and toast usually. Sometimes I'll have oatmeal and other times I will have a protein shake. I try to mix it up.
  • Options
    I've been into oatmeal lately. I think Special K has something new out that's got a lot of protein and whole grains.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I make oatmeal and add a tbsp of peanut butter, apples and raisins.  It is awesome and keeps me full for a couple of hours at least.

Other mornings I will have a whole wheat english muffin with scrambled egg and melted cheese.

If I'm in a huge rush I'll have a hard boiled egg and toast with PB or a yogurt.

If I don't have some protein with b-fast I will be hungry again by the time I get to work.

• Options
    Homemade Breakfast Tacos: Whole wheat tortillas, egg whites, turkey bacon, shredded cheese and salsa. And a smoothie with whatever fruits and veggies at home...it's delicious and stays with you!
  • Options
    Fried egg, a yogurt, and some fruit. Ideally. 
  • Options
    @cd92007 I too have gotten in a routine of having a bowl of cereal every morning, honey nut Cheerios though and a glass of oj! Lol

I can't even imagine having eggs anymore- I used to love them but they made me sick in the first tri and now I'm scared of them! But I miss them cause hubby and I like to have breakfast for dinner a lot and now it's hard to do without egg :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Usually plain Greek yogurt, Kashi crunch cereal, honey and fruit.
  • Options
    Granola with plain yogurt, oatmeal, peanut butter toast, or an egg, veggie and cheese scramble.

• Options
    I have cereal at home and then Greek yogurt 2-3 hours later.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    Oatmeal with a handful of berries on top
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    Ummm besides the mornings that I'm actually hungry and down a bowl of Lucky Charms or a doughnut, I usually make myself eat oatmeal or Cream of Wheat with a frozen tube of Greek yogurt. I'm not hungry most mornings but I try to eat something so I can take my prenatal and iron pill without feeling sick.
  • Options
    Heeb918Heeb918 member
    edited October 2013
    Nutri grain just came out with these new fruit bars called Fruit crunch. They are soooo good. I usually have one of those, a pouch of applesauce (yep the kid made for kids) and dry honey nut Cheerios. I'm on the road all day so my food must be portable! ETA: stupid autocorrect

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Greek Gods Honey yogurt with granola and fruit has been my go to breakfast so far in this pregnancy. It's delicious, nutritious, and filling:).
  • Options
    I go with Oatmeal and a banana or a bacon, egg, & cheese english muffin. Delicious! :)
  • Options
    An egg and greek yogurt with honey. I need protein as well or else I'm hungry 2 hours later.

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Options
    These are such great ideas!!! Thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you like oats, but don't want a warm version, overnight oats are a good alternative. I usually add almond milk, chia and greek yogurt to oats, mix and refrigerate overnight. In the AM I add either protein powder and PB, or fruit.
  • Options
    DH and I are going to start pre-making a freezing breakfast sandwiches.  English muffin, egg, turkey sausage, and cheese.  Haven't done it yet, so i am not quite sure...
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Potato and omelet muffins:

In a muffin tin put 3 tots in each muffin, smash down (like with the bottom of a small glass so they are flat) put in 400 degree oven for 10. Take it out and lower oven to 350.

Now you add your omelet stuff (diced precooked meat, veggies) then you pour the egg mixture over the top (8 eggs, 1/4c milk beaten) until almost full. Top with a little shredded cheese and bake for 20 mins (until eggs are cooked).

You can pop them out by running a butter knife around the sides, refrigerate or freeze and microwave for easy morning breakfasts
  • Options
    I will make veggie omlettes, French toast, blueberry wheat pancakes, fruit smoothies and breakfast sandwiches (cheese, egg, and bacon on toast). Lately I have been less motivated and have brown sugar in my oatmeal or have wheat chex.. I did have pumpkin pancakes yesterday though!
  • Options
    My son (3) and I are consistently eating ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches for breakfast :) It's my most needed and biggest meal of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"