Babies on the Brain

TTC maybe pregnant help!

Hi ladies kind of new on here. A little background info. I have never used birth control. My periods are usually right on time maybe a day or two late sometimes. Been TTC for 3 months. AF was suppose to arrive Saturday oct 26. Took a test Monday morning it was positive! After FMU took 2 more tests negative. Tuesday took FRER HPT with FMU all negative. I can't get another positive but I'm now 5 days late. With no regular signs of AF coming. What should I do? In going crazy! Has anybody else experienced this and been pregnant or not pregnant? Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TTC maybe pregnant help!

• Did you read the results of the Monday test within the right time frame? I know I've been guilty of pulling those suckers out of the trash and seeing evap lines and all of a sudden I've convinced myself that I'm pregnant!

If that's the case, I'd wait it out for a bit longer. If not, perhaps it was chemical? I'm no expert though...
  • I guess I'm just hopeful because I'm late and heard of women who didn't test positive till they were 6 to 8 weeks. And maybe it was a false positive but I really am pregnant lol I'm going crazy

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ashbozso said:
    I guess I'm just hopeful because I'm late and heard of women who didn't test positive till they were 6 to 8 weeks. And maybe it was a false positive but I really am pregnant lol I'm going crazy
    The women who test positive after 6-8 weeks almost always do so because of ovulating later than normal, so their pregnancy is actually more like only 4 weeks along. Late ovulation will also explain a late AF. Cycles change all the time so it's a good idea to chart your temps to know when you ovulate. I didn't do that ahead of my pregnancy and drove myself nuts when my "normal" cycle and AF went AWOL for weeks during the cycles leading up to my BFP.

In your other post you said the BFP was a blue dye, which is why I suggested the FRER with FMU. Since the FRERs were negative, I would go with that over the blue dye positive especially with the number of BFNs you've had compared to the one BFP. Those BFNs are saying that HCG isn't present in your urine so if an egg did get fertilized, it hasn't implanted yet. From what you've said, it sounds like that BFP was an evap, which is fairly common with blue dye tests. Just keep testing weekly with a pink dye test and FMU till you get that BFP or AF.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • I got a 2 BFPs with FRER thank you for your advice!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Like an hour ago :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats then! 
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"