August 2012 Moms
Options

Mirena

or other IUD people....at what point would spotting concern you?

I had Mirena placed at 8 weeks pp, had about 6 weeks of bleeding/spotting, and then nothing really since then. Maybe a handful of random days of spotting so light you wouldn't even notice it. I stopped nursing completely on September 14 and had been down to 1x a day for several weeks by that point. I got a period on October 13, which was light, but enough for a tampon. It lasted about 5-6 days, but was mostly pantyliner light. (pre-pg I had pretty heavy, 7 day long periods). Now since then....I've still been spotting. Never a ton, but something in my underwear for about 2 straight weeks. I checked today and I could feel a string. I don't really have any pain.

Would you just keep waiting and watching? Or would you be concerned enough to consult a doctor? My nagging worry is colored by a friend who just had to have hers surgically extracted because it had migrated somewhat - the strings were still in place but the device had somehow done a 90 degree turn or something and was outside the uterus. She had experienced a long time of daily spotting and occasional cramping.

Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"