April 2014 Moms

2yo one-liners

I was having my bedtime snuggle with DD last night and my stomach growled. She goes, "my baby makin' noise in there?"

Too cute. And I told her yes.

any one liners out of kids in your life recently?
*Married 10.10.08*
TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14

Re: 2yo one-liners

• My DD's been saying, "Mommy! Don't say no to me!" When I tell her no to something (usually a request for Halloween candy).

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Loading the player...
  • This wasn't from my own, but from one of my preschool kids in the 2/3yr old class. We were washing up after painting and she told me she could "use some privacy" while washing her hands. I told her she didn't need privacy for that, lol.

My mom was a preschool teacher/director for years and came home with the best one liners.
    my DD will also say, "leave me alone" when she's on the toilet, which would be fine, but she can't get off by herself.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • My [nearly] two year old yells "NO NACHO" instead of No Thank You whenever we tell her to do something she doesn't want to do... which is pretty much everything these days. 

When she was little, we tried to never tell her "no", rather we would say "no, thank you."  Have a toddler who yells NO THANK YOU in a grocery store is *almost* worth it. :) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When my husband was a kid, like 3 or 4, his parents signed him up for day care/camp at church over the summer. He got upset so they were trying to tell him that it would be fun and was a good thing to which he replied, "You just want a piece uh quiet!" I love that story and can't wait for our LO to say things like this. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• DS is very aware of how his behavior affects us right now.  If he does something naughty, he will look at me and say "You happy Mommy?" 

I'll reply, "No, I'm not, you need to behave."

Then he'll come over to me, apologize, give me a hug and kiss and say "You happy now?"

Yes, I always am!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• My 2 year old niece was watching "Happy Feet" my husband came in and said "Zip can you dance like that?" And gave his best 5 second impression, she looked right at him and said "Uncle Matchew you are ridiculous"
  • Not mine, but a friend is due with her third in February, and her oldest (3yo) is aware that "there's a baby in mommy's belly." One day while they were doing bedtime prayers, she asked if when the baby is born does it come out of her mouth?  I died when I heard that one, and apparently her dad did too, and had a hard time not laughing.

They had to explain it in age appropriate detail after that one...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 20 mo old slept without her binky for the first time last night. She did great but when she woke up she was yelling "Daddy took my binkys! Daddy took all my binkys!" It was so funny to me bc she just decided to blame dh for no apparent reason. A true girl right there!

• My 3 year old is going through this fighting phase (where does it come from? Idk). He hit me yesterday on my stomach, he looks at me shocked. I called his name and he kisses my belly and in sign says sorry baby. I couldn't get upset.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"