December 2013 Moms
Options

Hi There

Hi All, I haven't spent much time on this board...just lurking occasionally when I had a question. But with my due date approaching and my hormones kicking into overdrive, I wanted to reach out. My due date is Dec 3 so I'm 35 weeks right now. We don't know what we are having, but both feel like its probably a boy. Of course, we only have a girl name picked:) I'm feeling huge and uncomfortable and I'm struggling to sleep:( I was up from 1:30 to 3:30 completely wide awake last night. And I called my husband at work to vent and just started crying on the phone. I can't believe the Baby could be in there for another 6.5 weeks! I want what is best for the baby...but I also want my body back. Anyone have advice for appreciating these last few weeks when you just want it to be over?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hi There

• Options
    Hello! Welcome. I'm a FTM so I have no clue but the only thing that's allowed me any sleep is a body pillow.
  • Options
    Do what makes you feel comfortable! I'm due 12/02 and if why makes me feel good is just laying on the couch all night then by all means that's what I do!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not to be a debbie downer, but there's lots of us who are struggling with complications so if you are healthy and everything is normal, please be grateful for that! I wish I could go back to having a 'normal' pregnancy.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    welcome!  I'm curious to hear everyone's advice too.  I'm a FTM so I couldn't tell you, but I'm due the day before you & I can say I've been struggling a lot lately too...I've had constant rib & back pain since week 23 & lately I want to cry every day, I just don't know how much longer I can handle the pain.  BUT I find that taking it day by day, & appreciating the little things that make me feel better help somewhat.
  • Options
    Thanks so much, ladies! I'm feeling better already:)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As I spoke with my doctor today at my appointment about what is going on, he said it is only going to get worse from here on out. I have had a good and uncomplicated pregnancy of which I am grateful but every day gets more uncomfortable. I am just trying to approach it with a sense of humor and try to laugh it off which is what I did when my doc said that-he has a good sense of humor too lol. Just think precious baby at the end!! Soon! I am due 12/9 as keep saying that to myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome. I will say that you do what you can to stay as comfy as possible. And as for how long you can take this discomfort, until you have the baby. Kinda no choice. Hang in there.

• Options
    There are some things you can take for sleep, ask your OB about options. I just ordered some compression socks and Dansko shoes for my feet because my feet are killing me after I work all day. Try a massage or pedicure?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"