Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Since I work in Marketing, we start to work on our Christmas campaign in July. By the time Christmas roll around, we're deep into Summer stuff.

Also, my office Christmas party is on December 6.

• The latest my tree will go up is Thanksgiving weekend and I have to promise DH to take it down before my birthday on Jan 19th. I just love my tree and the ornaments, the lights, etc. They look so pretty. My house never looks as pretty when it's not Christmas!

I love the non-traditional Christmas songs, like the Twisted Christmas album. "It's the moooost fattening time, of the year..." and the one with the angel complaining about the tree being up his butt. 

I don't really want to hear any songs before Thanksgiving, though. It ruins the "specialness" of it. 

This year we celebrate Christmas and Chanukkah, so I can put up Chanukkah decorations super early. 

imageimageimage
  • Tomorrow Sirius XM will start playing Christmas music on their 40's on 4 channel. You can bet I'll be listening for the next 2 months straight. Best 2 months of driving to work eva.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• cramcakes said:
    EmeJay said:
    Since I work in Marketing, we start to work on our Christmas campaign in July. By the time Christmas roll around, we're deep into Summer stuff.

Also, my office Christmas party is on December 6.

Ours was scheduled for December 6th but we changed it to the 13th because the owner has somewhere to be on the 6th. Ours is almost always the first week of December.
    The year of the swine flu, they cancelled our party and put it on a Wednesday in February.
  • My UO:  I don't like it when people sing along to songs in public in a really professional, intense way.

I was in a coffee shop the other day and the barista was singing along to Savage Garden like she was an opera singer. I mean she was doing runs, Christina Aguilera-style, and everything. I don't know why it drives me SO crazy - it's like she WANTS people to tell her she has a great voice. I'm just trying to drink my damn coffee, I don't need to hear an aria!

Exceptions to this rule: karaoke and in your car. Everyone sings in the car.

Umm...do we live in the same area @seventhumbs?! There's a barista at Starbucks that does the same thing. I used to go there to study and write papers, but I stopped going there because even with headphones in I could still hear her singing and talking! I wanted to tell her to stfu, but then I just stopped going there to study. Problem solved!

Married 7/21/12

Off bcp and ttc 9/1/13

bfp 7/20/14, m/c 7/23

will ttc again 8/14

cat animated GIF

• bwobwo member
    I hate it when people say they think mayo is gross, but they love ranch dressing.
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• bwo said:
    I hate it when people say they think mayo is gross, but they love ranch dressing.
    ? Am I missing something? I like both, but I don't think they taste anything alike.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • I think Pit Bulls are the sweetest dogs ever. We have 2 that we will not be getting rid of when we have a baby, unlike what my parents want us to do. F them, my dogs rock! This will be my kid and my dogs:
    I really hate when these threads turn into dog threads, but we had the sweetest black lab ever and then he bit my neice on the face Xmas eve a few years back. After that incident he started to show aggression towards children, it was something we could not chance having again with our growing family and I was not going to turn him into an outside dog when for 5 years he was primarily an inside dog so we made a hard decision and he went to go live with my inlaws. After he bit my neice I realized that even the sweetest dogs ever can turn violent.
    Photobucket
  • UO - I hate people that say they won't give candy out to kids who don't have a costume, or will give them a crappy piece of candy. Some kids can't afford costumes.

Also, stores should be closed on Thanksgiving. Give your employees time to spend with family. Why does Walgreens need to be open at midnight that night? What can you possibly NEED that badly?

My parents had jobs that included working holidays (firefighter and 911 dispatcher), so sometimes they were gone. It sucked.

@tealowl but when those people take those type of jobs they know there will be holidays they will have to work on. obviously black Friday is a profitable shopping day for the retailers so I don't see them closing down just so their employees can have the whole day spent with their family. I use to waitress and would wait tables on Thanksgiving day and I loved it.
    Photobucket

• jessa8907 said:
    bwo said:
    ? Am I missing something? I like both, but I don't think they taste anything alike.
    Ranch Dressing is made with Mayo.
    Ew, not mine. I use sour cream. 
    Ditto!

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Well of course the pharmacy should be open, sheesh! I just don't see a need to have regular store employees/cashiers working also, so people can shop for cheap holiday socks and Chia Pets....

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Joy2611 said:
    tealowl said:
    Well of course the pharmacy should be open, sheesh! I just don't see a need to have regular store employees/cashiers working also, so people can shop for cheap holiday socks and Chia Pets....
    Sometimes ChiaPets are also an emergency :-)

We had a Chia Pet Obama a few years ago.  It was a gag gift, but you bet I ripped that open and spread seeds all over the POTUS's head.
    Touche!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• tealowl said:

Also, stores should be closed on Thanksgiving. Give your employees time to spend with family. Why does Walgreens need to be open at midnight that night? What can you possibly NEED that badly?

Yeah, because no one ever gets sick or needs a prescription filled on Thanksgiving.

Nope. Never.

Is the pharmacy even open or is just the "store" part open? I worked at Publix and, even though we were open day before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc, the pharmacy in the store was always closed.

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

•  

tealowl said:

Yeah, because no one ever gets sick or needs a prescription filled on Thanksgiving.

Nope. Never.

Is the pharmacy even open or is just the "store" part open? I worked at Publix and, even though we were open day before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc, the pharmacy in the store was always closed.
    I don't know about holiday hours but there's one Rite Aid around here where the pharmacy is actually open 24 hours. I don't know of any pharmacies in my area located in box stores that are open 24 hours even if the store is.

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• tealowl said:

Nope. Never.

Ours are 24/7 pharmacies, so yes.

Most of our Walgreens aren't 24 hours, we only have one near me that we have to use if we have to get an after hours RX.

We have CVS' also, but I've never utilized them. #teamwalgreens4lyfe

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• tealowl said:

UO - I hate people that say they won't give candy out to kids who don't have a costume, or will give them a crappy piece of candy. Some kids can't afford costumes.

Call me grouchy, but if you are beyond typical trick or treating age AND you are not in a costume, I will definitely be giving you a hard time about it and you will not be getting a reese's. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Joy2611 said:
    tealowl said:

We have CVS' also, but I've never utilized them. #teamwalgreens4lyfe

An appalling amount of my income goes to CVS.  APPALLING.

"Oh, barettes!  Oh, shampoo!  Oh, kitkats!"
    A-MEN. And the really shitty part is that everything is so damn expensive in there! So after shampoo, a soda, nail polish, face wash, a birthday card and something from their holiday aisle, I've got a $50 charge on my damn card. I'm always so shocked when the cashier tells me my total at CVS.

(Not shocked enough to put anything back, obviously.)

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

• EmeJay said:
    I absolutely loathe perfume. I hate being stuck in an elevator with someone wearing it and my own personnal hell is going through the perfume section of a department store
    I'm with you. I get a huge headache every time I go near the perfume section, and feel physically ill when I walk by Ambercrombie and Fitch (you can practically see the cologne it's so thick).
    They actually pipe it in through the ventilation system 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • EmeJay said:
    People make their own ranch dressing? Wow, I'm impressed.

Yeah... I'm still stuck on this.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jessa8907 said:
    EmeJay said:

It's really only a matter of mixing the base ingredients together and adding spices!

I've seen the packets. I guess I thought you guys were making it FROM SCRATCH, no packets involved.

Is the packet stuff better than the stuff in a bottle?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jessa8907 said:
    EmeJay said:

It's really only a matter of mixing the base ingredients together and adding spices!

I've seen the packets. I guess I thought you guys were making it FROM SCRATCH, no packets involved.

I think so, definitely. Plus, not that the packets are like, a pillar of health or anything, but it seems better to me than a bottle full of stuff I can't pronounce, you know?

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

• Joy2611 said:
    TeeJ526 said:
    I don't understand people that wait in line for hours and recently, days for Black Friday sales. There is nothing out there that I want that badly.
    I do not understand Black Friday.  I do not understand people who camp outside Best Buy after Thanksgiving Dinner.  I really don't understand why some of my friends have Black Friday shopping traditions.  It sounds like a nightmare.

Hello - Black Friday shopper here :) My partner is way more into it than me but I go along with her every year.  She is very competitive, loves a good bargain, and thrives in chaotic environments.  Black Friday is designed just for her.  She cut her leg running into Walmart one year.  She's fucking crazy.

She's also really into competitve costume contests.  She and her mom just won two American Airline tickets this past weekend.  They really go balls to the wall for most holidays, especially Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and the 4th of July.

• emsrdh03 said:
    I don't like the movie Elf. Or any Will Ferrell movie for that matter.
    What... WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
    What!?! Noooo!!!!!

imageimageimage
  • I think it's insanely unprofessional to show up to an office environment in Halloween crap. I'm looking at you coworker with a Peanuts shirt on. Just because it's button down doesn't mean it's office appropriate.

And I don't even want to touch the idiot that wore red contacts last year.

I don't get why people dress up at the office. This isn't a party and you don't work with children. You just look ... weird.

I work in a huge building and when I went to get lunch downstairs, there were these lonely people in full costumes waiting in line for a sandwich. No. I don't get it.
  • cramcakes said:
    emsrdh03 said:
    I don't like the movie Elf. Or any Will Ferrell movie for that matter.
    Wait… I do not understand this.  What about Old School?

What about Anchorman?

Yeah... not liking Will Ferrell movies MIGHT be the most Unpopular Unpopular Opinion ever.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • bwobwo member
    jessa8907 said:
    EmeJay said:

I think so, definitely. Plus, not that the packets are like, a pillar of health or anything, but it seems better to me than a bottle full of stuff I can't pronounce, you know?
    When I make it at work, I use the Hidden Valley packets and equal parts mayo and buttermilk like it suggests on the packet (although the packets you get in the store are slightly different than the ones you get through a food vendor - weird I know).  The girls I cook for swear by it - I've seriously never seen so much ranch consumed, especially when you consider these are college sorority girls.  However, a mayo-based salad barely gets touched.  I get it.  I love ranch too.  I just don't have the heart to tell the girls its essentially thinned out mayo...I let them live in ignorant bliss. :)
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• Another Halloween UO: I get that there are single parents, or people working on shifts. But if you go trick or treating every single year and never give candies, it's cheap.
  • @cramcakes Ok. You got me on Old School. I like that one. But honestly don't consider it a "Will Ferrell" movie because of all the other actors, plus he plays a regular type guy. But Anchorman, Step Brothers, that race driver one. Yeah no. Awful.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Salsera29Salsera29 member
    edited October 2013
    jefa621 said:
    I think it's insanely unprofessional to show up to an office environment in Halloween crap. I'm looking at you coworker with a Peanuts shirt on. Just because it's button down doesn't mean it's office appropriate.

And I don't even want to touch the idiot that wore red contacts last year.

Not if you work at a childrens hospital!  Woot!  Red contacts wouldnt fly here though.  Creepy!!
    What part of office environment was confusing?

Fair. I admit I skimmed and missed that part. Sorry.

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"