Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Teething?

What are some signs of teething?
My little boy just turned 3months Monday. But a little before that he's been putting his fingers and hands in his mouth and now he does it all day. Even when he's not hungry. He just keeping putting in his mouth and sucking on them.

Re: Teething?

• My LO does the same thing. The pedi mentioned around 3 months that he thought she had started teething but I have yet to see any sign of a erruption. I have also read somewhere that at about 3 months of age babies start putting their hands into their mouth and drooling and its not a sign of teething just something they do at this age. I just put a bib on her and let her suck. And at night i rub her hand and chin down with lotion to help keep them from being so chapped.

• From the time my son was 2 1/2 months he always had his hands in his mouth. My pedi also said around 3 months they start putting hands in their mouth and that it would be very unusual for him to be teething. Now he is 4 1/2 months and he has a tooth that is breaking threw his gums. I try to give him teething toys but he prefers his hands. Just keep doing what your doing and sooner or later he will be teething!
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought my daughter was teething around 4 months and mentioned it to my pedi who said it was too early. Well at 5.5 months she had 2 bottom teeth! Gumming or chewing on everything, screaming or crying when they chew. Drooling a lot..all signs of teething. But the real pain ( and fun for you) starts when the teeth are actually breaking through. But they feel it long before the teeth actually break through.

New Mommy!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"