November 2013 Moms
Options

My squishy, cone headed baby birth story!

Figure I type this while he is doing his 24hr testing with nurses. (Short version will be in announcements)

On Sunday around 11am I was in the car with DH after walking around and shopping with some last minute gift cards we got. And I suddenly had a sharp pain wrapping around front and back. I walked into the nearest store and went to the bathroom and saw that I was starting to lose my plug. (Awesome!)
An hr after that I was at my sisters and had the pain again, and shortly after that I had it again. This lasted all day and they felt stronger and got closer together. But never going past 5min apart and sometimes backing up! I figured false labor but it hurt so bad so I went in and was not even dilated past 1cm, which is what I was the day before.
Went home and had a horrible night, horrible day and another horrible night. I called the on call OB and said the pain was unbearable for the past 2 days not stopping.
Saw my OB and when he checked me I was at 3cm and he said to go into L&D and he would break my water to help with progression.
I go in and deal with some contractions and gladly accept the epidural. My best friend! After getting it I felt, GREAT! I was so tired from two days if those weird contractions that I needed a break. I finally could sleep, OB broke my water, contractions were 2 minutes apart. I felt like that was it. Soon I will be having this baby! After being told around 9pm that I was 7cm (later being told different by my OB) but the baby was stressing between contractions, heart rate dropping often and my OB said if things didn't change soon that I would need a c-section. I was not worried about the surgery, but overwhelmed with the fact that we would meet our son soon!
I get into the OR and they strap me down, start my "birthing cd" and called in daddy. Within the second song baby was almost out. It was Ellie gouldings cover of "your song" and right at the end when she says "how wonderful life is, now you're in the world" I heard his cry. DH and I could not stop crying. They showed him around the curtain and he had the biggest cone head ever! So he did spend a lot of his time earlier trying to get out.
He was born 6lbs 10oz 19in long at 9:43pm on October 29th. We named him Jackson Daniel. He has a full head of hair which I was not expecting!
I am soo tired but my nurse is pretty proud of me bc I am her "c section" that is walking the halls. Jackson is a terrible sucker right now and I am doing my best to start milk flow with or without him. He is back from testing now and I just want to snuggle him but it will be time to feed him again in an hr so I need sleep!

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                         Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My squishy, cone headed baby birth story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"