1st Trimester
Options

Extreme Fatigue

Help! Anyone have advice on how I can fight this extreme fatigue I feel? I have no motivation to do anything. Seriously, I have to talk myself into taking a shower some days. I am a nurse who works weekend nights and then stays at home with my 2 1/2 year old during the week. My hubby is a great help but since he works night shift through the week, I am left to do most of the child and home care. I have a constant headache and have to take Zofran to keep any food down. I was not like this at all with my first. I know part of it is stress (we are moving in a month, I am in school, and a wife and mom). I sleep 10 hours a night and wake up feeling hit by a train. I have tried to stay away from caffeine but most days I end up drinking a can of Coke (only 35 mg of caffeine) to keep me from falling asleep while my son is awake. I nap when he does somedays but most of the time I have to do homework. Any natural supplements I can take to help fight this? (My hgb is great so I know it is not anemia). Any advice would help. Thanks! Praying for you all as we battle the "yuck" to get the precious end result!!

Re: Extreme Fatigue

• Options
    Oh my goodness.. You are a busy lady! I know how you feel in terms of fatigue, some days I wasn't even able to get out of bed. Especially before I got my zofran and I felt like death. I would usually drink coke for 1) the caffeine, and 2) it helped settle my stomach. But it didn't really help too much for fatigue. Naps didn't do a whole lot except make me feel worse than I did before I went to sleep. Once I was on zofran, I felt way better in the way of sickness but I was almost more tired than before. So I looked it up and there were several instances of severe fatigue with zofran. So that could be it... But I would say its more likely that it just ran it's course. Come 16 weeks and I stopped throwing up and I managed to get up and start doing things again! Energy surge, woohoo! Probably because I was into my second trimester at that point and not because I stopped the zofran.

Anywho.. Now we are in the middle of moving and it's so frustrating that I can't set my house up as fast as I would like to because I get tired so fast!

So while this isn't actually advice or suggestions, I wanted to commiserate a little :-) and to remind you that it will get better! With everything going on for you, maybe it would help to try to just sit back and relax for a bit every day. You deserve it! Good luck with everything and I hope you start feeling better soon.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"