Babies: 6 - 9 Months

fenugreek?

Anyone have any success boosting supply with fenugreek?  How much did you take a day?  and how long until you started to see an increase?  how much of an increase?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: fenugreek?

• I took the same dosage, but only 4 pills a day. I had an increase in supply in about 3 days - from about 3 oz to 6-7 oz each time I pumped. It was great, but my LO couldn't tolerate the milk because it created a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and he got horrible gas and screamed for hours. I stopped taking it after I figured out what the problem with LO was - so I only took it for a total of about 10 days. The good news is that even though I stopped taking it, I continued to producing almost the same amount.

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
  • MrsMuq said:
    LtlAngL said:
    I took the same dosage, but only 4 pills a day. I had an increase in supply in about 3 days - from about 3 oz to 6-7 oz each time I pumped. It was great, but my LO couldn't tolerate the milk because it created a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and he got horrible gas and screamed for hours. I stopped taking it after I figured out what the problem with LO was - so I only took it for a total of about 10 days. The good news is that even though I stopped taking it, I continued to producing almost the same amount.
    You wouldn't continue to see an increase in supply just because of Fenugreek. To maintain the increase from Fenugreek, you need to keep taking it.
    But that was 5 months ago and each time I pumped I got 5-6 oz even after I stopped taking it. Maybe my body just decided to get its sh*t together, but either way I was happy with being able to feed my child without him being miserable.

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
  • Loading the player...
  • I took 2 pills, 3 times a day for 2 weeks and never saw an increase, so I stopped taking them.  I was really counting on them to work since all of my other efforts were in vain (power pumping etc)
  • Just a warning....the high dose needed to boost production can give some women headaches as a side effect. That is what happened to me, my OB suggested I stop taking it and the headaches went away immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"