December 2013 Moms
Options

bouncers and swings

So I'm looking for something that works. I've been looking at them and I swear there is more options than buying a car. Have any of you found a good one or got recommended one that gets the job done? Thanks ladies!

Re: bouncers and swings

• Options
    A swing is a swing.  If it rocks baby back and forth, it will get the job done.  Same with bouncers.  That's just my opinion.  I would go with something in your price range that you like the look of.  Some moms like a swing with the option to plug in and use batteries.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Depends on a few factors, area you are gonna put swing in. Do you want a smaller profile or something that needs a lot of space? I would recommend, at least for a swing, that you get one that plugs in because keeping them charged with batteries is a pain.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    STM's is it worth buying an infant to toddler bouncer right off the bat, or are there any cons to it?
  • Options

Keeping a toddler in a bouncer, strapped down, is like trying to brush one's teeth while eating Oreos, futile.

Yes!  Lmao.
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I'm a first timer so I'm wondering what the difference is between a $60 and a $300. I'm like if the $300 is going to keep the baby asleep its worth it but if they do the same thing then y invest in it. Thanks ladies
  • Options
    Lol I clearly did not think this through!
  • Options
    Hahahahaha so I guess I should start out with a swing
  • Options
    I got a two in one - figured it would save on space with one less item.?

its a swing that detaches and becomes a bouncer if you want. different motions for the swing/vibrates/music/etc etc

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    sbrazzle said:

Thanks ladies I'm a first timer so I'm wondering what the difference is between a $60 and a $300. I'm like if the $300 is going to keep the baby asleep its worth it but if they do the same thing then y invest in it. Thanks ladies

Personally I'd middle of the road it because your baby might hate the swing. Our first did. And just an FYI you can use bouncers when they are itty bitty, most come with a newborn pillow insert thing.

• Options
    The swing definelty depends on where you want to put it, if you have not a lot of space then get a travel swing, if you have more space one that is bigger and can plug in. I don't really know why there are swings that are $300 it seems excessive to me. My girls didn't really like the swing but i still have it figuring this baby probably will.
    As for bouncers, you want on that bounces, vibrates, plays music, has toys that hang down, and can strap your child in... Other than that which ever one you like. My girls LOVED their bouncy chairs, we couldn't live with out them.
  • Options
    I got the mama roo too!
  • Options
    Registered for the momaroo...

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The only thing you might keep in mind is getting a swing that moves in both directions (back and forth, side to side). Baby may have a preference.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    We went with the Fisher Price My Little Lamb. It's a little bulky but it has ALL the features you might need and I couldn't see spending the money on the mamaroo if I don't know if the baby will like the swing...
                                                                Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker
    Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

• Options
    amberpro said:

The only thing you might keep in mind is getting a swing that moves in both directions (back and forth, side to side). Baby may have a preference.

If you can afford it and have the space, get one that does all of these motions. Some babies don't like moving back and forth, but do like the side to side motion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We also are getting the 4 moms Mamaroo. It should be here in the next week or so.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wouldn't wait on buying a bouncer... you get the most (possibly all of the) use out of them in the first 3-4 months, and it's just nice to have another very portable place to lay your sleeping child.  Even if your baby loves the swing, you'll want to vary where they spend time sleeping and sleeping positions a bit so they don't get too much of a flat head, because a lot of the swings have harder plastic under baby's head than the bouncers do. 
  • Options
    If budget is an issue, they are washable for the most part so check out Craigslist. I also recommend one that goes back and forth as well as side to side
  • Options
    Everyone says the swing is a must-have! We're going with Fisher Price Snugapuppy.

• Options
    I've heard so many wonderful things on the Fisher price Snugga... Whatever series. We got the lamb because I like the color scheme the best. Can't wait to see my daughter in it :)
  • Options
    I ended up getting the fisher price snuggabunny swing and bouncer deluxe. Found that amazon was the most afforadable even with the babies r us 20% off coupon. Amazon had a better price
  • Options
    LOVE our Fisher Price Zen Collection Swing & Bouncer (but if you get this swing, you don't actually need the the bouncer too because the base is removable and becomes a bouncer) I love it and this will be the 3rd baby using it & it still looks and runs like new. It swings side to side or front to back, can be plugged in too
  • Options
    LizB8943 said:

I had several friends recommend the Fisher Price Snugabunny swing. It seems to get consistently good reviews. Both my husband and I loved the swing as babies so I hope our LO does, too! 

We bought this set to! I'm excited about my rock n play!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"