TTC After a Loss
Options

two positive OPK in the cylce after my miscarriage and still no period!

So last month I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. I have been doing OPK just to see what my cycle is doing. I ovulated twice, a week apart. Both times I had ovulation symptoms, (sore breasts, right side ovarian pain ect. The last time was exactly 4 weeks after my miscarriage. I was hoping that maybe I was pregnant, but now my OPKs are back to negative and my symptoms are gone. ANYWAY, sorry for the long explanation.. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else and what was the outcome.

Re: two positive OPK in the cylce after my miscarriage and still no period!

• Options
    PinkCaminoPinkCamino member
    edited October 2013
    your OPKs don't guarantee that you've ovulate. They tell you your body is gearing up to ovulate but not that it's actually happening.

ETA: we can't tell you if you're pregnant. the only way to know is to POAS HPT not OPK.

• Options
    As PP said, OPK's only detect your surge, NOT actual ovulation. If you are not temping there is no way to confirm O.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Anniversary

TTC Since 04/01/13 

BFP #1 04/28/13 Its twins! EDD 01/08/2014 MMC confirmed 06/27/13 D&C 07/17/13

BFP#2 05/19/14 EDD 01/30/2015 Please be our rainbow!

My Ovulation Chart

*~*~* All AL Welcome*~*~*

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ummm....hi.

I'm sorry for your loss and that you've found yourself here. If you plan on being an active poster, I advise you to read our blog (link is located in the header of the board) and post an introduction so we can all get to know you.

As for your question, you will definitely NOT ovulate more than once in your cycle. It IS possible that you geared up to ovulate, DIDNT and then geared up to ovulate again. Without temping, it is impossible to know if you actually ovulated.

My question is, have you had AF since your loss? I'm guessing yes. And have you been doing OPK's daily or just when you feel like it?

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    So last month I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. I have been doing OPK just to see what my cycle is doing. I ovulated twice, a week apart. Both times I had ovulation symptoms, (sore breasts, right side ovarian pain ect. The last time was exactly 4 weeks after my miscarriage. I was hoping that maybe I was pregnant, but now my OPKs are back to negative and my symptoms are gone. ANYWAY, sorry for the long explanation.. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else and what was the outcome.

Quoting just in case.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    mlal78 said:
    Also your opks could have been picking up leftover hcg in your system.  And you don't ovulate twice a week apart.

This exactly.

1. It can take weeks to a month or more for HCG (the pregnancy hormone) to leave your body after a loss. It took me 7 weeks.

2. OPKs can pick up on even minute levels of HCG, as HCG and LH are very similar chemically.

3. Likely all of those positive OPKs you were taking were positive because you still had HCG in your system. Not having had a period yet makes that even more likely.

4. You cannot ovulate twice. Not possible.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    First, I just want to say that I agree with everything that's already been said (even the snegde pirate).  :ar!

ETA: Your periods can be very irregular after a miscarriage. If you get to 60 days with no AF, contact your doctor. It's likely that your ovulation may be delayed or not even occur after a m/c.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    OP, people have already addressed the OPK issues so I just will add that you cannot trust "O" pain especially after a loss.

After my first early loss, I had what felt like O pains that lasted off and on for two weeks. The best way I can describe it is that my ovaries were irritated. Not scientific but, my main point, what was previously normal for you probably no longer exists. Your hormones are wacky after a loss. I still don't have reliable O pain like I used to.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KMW08 said:

Ummm....hi.

I'm sorry for your loss and that you've found yourself here. If you plan on being an active poster, I advise you to read our blog (link is located in the header of the board) and post an introduction so we can all get to know you.

As for your question, you will definitely NOT ovulate more than once in your cycle. It IS possible that you geared up to ovulate, DIDNT and then geared up to ovulate again. Without temping, it is impossible to know if you actually ovulated.

My question is, have you had AF since your loss? I'm guessing yes. And have you been doing OPK's daily or just when you feel like it?

=))  This made me inappropriately lol.
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"