December 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone done physical therapy for sciatica?

My OB is sending me for physical therapy to address my sciatica pain. I hope it helps! My mom has ongoing sciatica issues and PT helps her a lot. Anyone have any luck relieving the pain with PT while pregnant?

Re: Anyone done physical therapy for sciatica?

• Options
    Go to a chiropractor!! It saved me!
  • Options
    Ive been doing the chiropractor. It has worked wonders!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did 4 months of PT and it's a joke. Don't waste your time. It made my pain worse! The only good thing about it was the massage at the end. Ask your doctor for a different form of therapy.
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    CJFantasiaCJFantasia member
    edited October 2013
    I've been getting the numbness in my leg too it's really scary. It went out on me on the stairs the other day at home I'm afraid it's going to happen at work soon. The physical therapist wants me to come in six times in the next two weeks it's kind of expensive so I'm hoping that it works.

I'm definitely going to ask about the chiropractor the next time I go in.
  • Options
    Massage and yoga = 5 years sciatica flare-up free.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    I'm asking about this also at my appointment next week. Mine is not near as bad but the other day my husband had to help me get off the floor because I had such a strong pinching pain.
  • Options
    I was going to physio for a low back issue - zero results.
     then i went to chiro and massage for it as well - minimal results and went for  a lonng time. So i gave up.

I went to my midwife appt. today and she suggested seeing a chiro for my pubic bone issue - (hurt like a bitch but im walking with minimal pain right now!) and she also does network spinal analysis and i had my back done (for the old issue i have had for years) and i can already bend backwards more than i have in years - after one session.
    I have no idea how that kind of voodoo technique works - but so far I am a believer. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I did it for a bit around 18-20 weeks and then 26-29 weeks.
    I wasted my money. I'm a HUGE believer in PT, but it didn't help this time around.
    I hope it helps you.
  • Options
    I haven't done it but I know a few people that have and said it was a waste of time and money.

I'm going to try a chiro soon because when mine flares up I can barely walk. Yoga helps a little bit but I can't do it anymore because my SPD is so bad that it just hurts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"