LGBT Parenting
Options

Legal Marriage: Twice as Nice!

As suggested by @herbabymama, we wanted to share a little but of our legal wedding story! We were married in a large ceremony in front of our family and friends last October. We had decided that until getting legally married had a practical affect on our lives, the love and support of those who surrounded us were enough to validate on our marriage. So when the IRS and the Department of Labor changed their definition to be based on place of celebration, as opposed to place of domicile we knew it was time.
We headed up to New York on Sunday, enjoyed a lit up version of Niagara Falls that night and went to bed early. We very much enjoyed some r and r after an uber stressful week at work!
The next morning, we got up early and walked to the courthouse. We were worried about long lines, but there was only one other couple (two men!). Getting the license just seemed so simple. We teared up filling out, and turning it in, and then after we were given our license we hugged and cried on the steps of the courthouse. Growing up, in Kentucky, I never thought I would see the day when this would be a reality. So many huge steps have been taken in the last year, and although the fight is far from over (we live in Ohio where second parent adoption is still no allowed, and our marriage will not be recognized for state benefits) this felt like a huge step.
The next day we were married on Three Sisters Island next to Horse Shoe Falls. My Uncle became ordained to perform the ceremony. A's parents and sister were there. They all shared their wishes for the future, and it was a very special intimate moment in our lives!
As for our outfits, we went with a 50s chic look. As a gay man, stuck in a lesbian's body (how queer is THAT?) I was super excited to pick out some new outfits for our second wedding.
Here are some pics, hopefully they will come through better this time! Also... "The Hat" did get to make a short appearance.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

Re: Legal Marriage: Twice as Nice!

• Options
    I am so, so happy for you both!  My wife and I did the same thing when we got our marriage license!  They probably think all lesbians cry and are all sappy, hahaha!

herbabymama said, now comes baby with the baby carriage :-)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    I predict marriage equality will be law of the land within the next decade :) Maybe we'll all be renewing our vows in our home states when the Midwest finally comes around, with our babies as flower girls/ring bearers!  Congratulations!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats to both of you! Z and I plan to do the same at some point, and it is nice to hear how meaningful it is despite having already had a wedding that meant so much. Beautiful pics too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations to you both - beautiful photos! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Congrats!  It looks like you had a beautiful day! 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    You two are adorable.  Congrats!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats to you both! So very happy for you two! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Congrats to you both!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"