Babies: 6 - 9 Months

fever after flu shot...

My lo is 6 months and at her well visit yesterday she got the flu shot. By 6 pm she had a fever of 101 under her ARM. Did anyone else have this happen? I was up with her all night and gave tylenol. Poor baby was feeling so bad. Is the flu booster in a month gonna give her a fever too?

New Mommy!!!

Re: fever after flu shot...

• This happened to DD.  It was the first time she'd shown any sort of reaction after one of her well visits so I knew it was the flu shot since that was the only new vaccine she'd received.  I wound up giving her some tylenol and dressing her in a cotton sleeper instead of the fleece we'd been using.  She was somewhat lethargic the next day while the fever worked it's way out of her sustem but by Saturday morning (she got the shot at 4pm on a Thursday) she was her usual cheery playful self.  I was definitely freaked out since it was the first fever she's ever had and the first time I've ever given her tylenol.

I'm hoping the booster she receives in a month doesn't give her the same reaction but I purposely scheduled it for the Friday after Thanksgiving so I can cuddle with her after and all weekend if she's not feeling well.  Good luck - everything will be fine I'm sure!

• After DS's first dose of the shot he was perfectly fine, but after the second dose just a few days ago he has been clingy and cranky...but thankfully sleeps well at night for us. Our doctor says kids have had more of a reaction to the second dose then the first...which was true in our case.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"