June 2014 Moms
Options

Bella Band... Worth it?

I'm thinking of ordering a Bella Band from Ingrid and Isabelle.
Does anyone have one, how does it hold up, is it comfortable? Think I'm ready for the extra support and may as well prepare for when I can no longer button my pants. Also, for those who have 1, which color do u get the most use of, the white or the black? TIA ladies!
Tied the knot: 3.2.2012    BFP: 10.16.2013    Expecting first baby!!: 6.25.14

Mr. & Mrs. Clark

Pregnancy Ticker

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like them personally I'd rather just wear maternity pants
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    Just bought it, probably taking it back. I have to constantly adjust and/or worry about it.

• Options
    My mo just bought be a black one. I love it. The maternity pants she bought me are just too big around the waist, I have to clip them over with binder clips. I haven't really gained any weight, just inches around my waist, and the band lets me wear my normal pants. To be fair, my pants almost fit, so I don't really have to readjust. When I get a bit bigger, I may not like it as much.
  • Options
    I have mine from my last pregnancy but I agree with the pp. You have to constantly adjust. I prefer maternity pants.
  • Options
    I really didn't like it!
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    I'm wearing one right now.  Still getting used to it...only the second time I've worn it.  But buttoning pants just no longer works for me :(  Feeling like a house already...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought the "trendy top" from cvs for 9.99. You get two bands, one white one black. They are stretchy and work for me for keeping my pants closed when I have them unbuttoned. They are sold as a "tank top extender" but work great as a belly band :)

• Options
    I really didn't like mine
  • Options
    A friend of mine bought these things that clip into your pants buttons (works slacks too) they look awesome & she loves them. I will text her & get the name
  • Options
    I despise maternity pants because I have a tiny flat butt and all maternity pants are made for girls with at least SOME junk in the trunk--- plus my legs are like 4 inches longer than all maternity pants. I look rediculous. anyway--- I loooove the belly bands--- here is the secret for me: don't use it as one ring over your belly, I double it up and fold it down so it doesn't cover my belly and it does a really good job. I wore my reg jeans with the band almost all the way through my pregnancy.
  • Options
    I have two Motherhood belly bands that I bought for $15 each and two cheapies I bought for $6 each from eBay. A belly band is a belly band, in my experience.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    I liked it better than the rubber band trick but not as well as maternity pants. Since my SIL has mine and I won't ask for them back until we announce in 2nd tri, I'll need something. I plan to just buy a couple really long Camis from forever 21 for $2.99 and cut them (if I can't pull them down enough.)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I love mine. I just have one in black, but I used it for a solid chunk of my first pregnancy, for a few months after dd was born, and I'm wearing it again now. I especially like that I can wear my nice work pants for a while longer since I really can't afford a full maternity wardrobe. For $20ish, it's definitely worth it, in my opinion.

Natural M/C at 8 wks December 2009

DD1 born October 2010

DD2 born May 2014

imageimage
  • Options
    Hell yes!!!!! I used mine until I was 7 almost 8 months pregnant last time I love it it's so comfy
  • Options
    the adjusting doesn't bother me like the other ladies have mentioned. to me the issue is I feel like i'm being suffocated wearing it! I don't like that it covers your entire abdomen.
  • Options
    I saw Bella bands at Burlington coat factory for $10
    Married my Sweetie 8/21/04
    BFP 10/8/2013
    Miss Camryn Marie arrived 6/20/2014

• Options
    yes Burlington Coat does have them I just bought one yesterday to try it out! I paid $10 for the black lace ones which I saw online for $32!
  • Options
    My MIL just bought me my first pair of maternity pants only becuase I was doing the hairbow around the button trick with my pants. It is too uncomfortable to button them with all the bloating and such. Shes so cute, my mil, she was so excited that she bought me my first pair, but I will say I have worn them but they keep riding down and I have to keep pulling them down (I was told its becuase I am not anywhere big enough yet for them) but I was nervous about the belly band because I am still not sure on how your pants stay up if they are unbuttoned with it. I mayyyyyy try one, but who knows. I work in scrubs so thats the lifesaver right now and then I head home into my sweats. We have a couple parties to go to in the next few weeks and then i'll be in a pickle. :-/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'>.

Our little peanut..

BabyFruit Ticker'>.

image'>. Visit The Nest!'>. Visit The Nest!'>. Visit The Nest!'>.

• Options
    Thanks ladies! After some deliberation I decided to go for it and order 1. I read some negative reviews about the Target "Be-band" and it's tendency to stretch out so I opted for the Bella Band on their website. It's on sale for $19.99 and there's 10% off code making it only $17.99, the same price as the Target one! I wish I knew about Burlington, if I really like it I may go check and see if I can find another.

Last year I lost 100 lbs. and my stomach isnt so pretty or flat :-/ so i mainly want 1 more to smooth and round everything out as I get a bump
    Tied the knot: 3.2.2012    BFP: 10.16.2013    Expecting first baby!!: 6.25.14

Mr. & Mrs. Clark

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"