Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

which part of disney world is best for 21 mo old?

Im wanting to take dd to disney but dh can only take off a weekend (3 days tops).she wont remember a thing later in life but if it makes her happy now ill do it! We were ythinking of staying and visiting just 1 park. Which parks are best for her age? She absolutely loves animals if that helps. Oh am i crazy for taking a 1 yr old to disney!? Lol tia!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: which part of disney world is best for 21 mo old?

• Options
    Let me mention she is 13 mos now and will be 21 mos during the vacation
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I do not think you're crazy.  We are taking DD2 to Disneyland in a couple weeks and she'll be 21 months.  
    I have been to Disney World many times with DD1 over the years (she's now 19) and in my opinion, Magic Kingdom is the best park for toddlers hands down.  Just be prepared for the sensory overload that is going to happen.  Also, if my calculations are correct you are planning on going in June?  That is peak season where it's going to be PACKED so be prepared for long lines.  Just do some research prior to going and figure out what you want to do while you're there and focus on those.  Do not try and get everything done in one day.  At that time of year it's near impossible to do everything in the park in one day. 
    A second option would be Animal Kingdom.  The safari is a really cool way to see the animals and the rest are set up very nicely as well, but there's not as much to do in that park as in Magic Kingdom, ride wise.  

A really good site to research this is allears.net.  It's an unofficial site, but they have all the information that you could need and is incredibly helpful when planning a trip.

Good Luck and enjoy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not crazy at all! We just got back for taking out 20 month old twins. Was it a lot of work...Yes, but it was worth it. Magic Kingdom is the park you will want to go to. We could ride everything, but about 4 rides. The girls LOVED all the rides. I know the girls wont remember anything, but we will always remember the excitement on their faces. We ate at the Crystal Palace w/ Whinnie The Pooh and Friends for dinner and Chef Mickey for breakfast. I was worried they would be scared of the characters but they weren't. I will say you're going during peak season and it will be much more crowded than when we went. If you could move the trip up a month that would be better. We waited no more than 10 minutes for any of the rides.
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS2 went with us when he was 11 months old and even then, he had a blast.  He was able to ride many of the rides and loved seeing all of the characters.  Even with all of the animals, he wasn't at all into Animal Kingdom.  Magic Kingdom was probably best for him so I would stick with that.  
  • Options
    We took DD to Disney this past September. Magic Kingdom has the most going on and your LO will be able to ride most of the rides. Hollywood Studios was also a hit with DD. She loved all the shows, especially Disney Jr. Live on Stage. Animal Kingdom was just ok and definitely not worth it for a full day. They've got a few good shows and the safari was pretty neat but you can do the whole park in half a day. Epcot is probably the least baby/kid friendly. I loved it but there wasn't much for DD there.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was a travel agent before my babies were born and have to say people take much younger kids to DisneyWorld so enjoy it!  If you are going in June please keep in mind it will be very hot and very crowded.  I would definitely recommend staying on-site so that you can come and go as you please.  That way you can go up first thing in the morning then head back to the hotel for the afternoon and then head back up later in the evening.  Magic Kingdom would probably be the best bet for the park for you.  She'd be able to ride almost everything and there's lots going on and it's pretty walkable.  However, if you purchase a 3 day ticket you do not choose which park until you actually show up so if you decide you'd like to do Animal Kingdom you can still do it 1 day and do Magic Kingdom the other two.  There isn't quite as much at Animal Kingdom for little ones but the safari is super fun.  I would skip Hollywood Studios and Epcot this time around.  Go online and request a planning DVD that will help you get a better idea of what you can do.   
  • Options
    We took dd to Disney for her first birthday. Magic Kingdom has so much for them to do!
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Dumbo
    Ariel's Grotto
    It's a small world
    People mover
    Whinnie the pooh
    The magic carpets of Aladdin
    Jungle cruise
    Tea cups
    Beauty and the beast
    The regal carosal

These probably a ton more that I can't remember! Caroline especially loved dinner at the royal castle. She got to meet all of the princesses and they all smeared her face in lipstick :)

We went in June/July so it was super hot and had long lines! We left early, always got there by opening (did the popular rides first/saved the shows for he afternoon heat) and then left usually by 2 to visit the pool and shower before heading back for dinner and more rides.

imageimage

• Options

There is a ton to do for toddlers. You won't get it all done in one day. Yes, it will be hot and busy but it should be a fun time.

• Options
    If you are only doing one park then Magic Kingdom without a doubt. We moved to Orlando in March and literally are minutes from Disney (I see fireworks every night from my bedroom) so we are there all the time. DS1 who is 3 1/2 loves all the parks, DS2 does best at Magic Kingdom, there's just way more to take him on and to enjoy. This past weekend we went for DS2's 1st birthday and took the kids to dinner at the Crystal Palace in M.K. to have dinner with Pooh Bear and friends, I can't even begin to tell you how worth it is was to see both of their faces light up when the characters came to the table, it was priceless and brought me to tears. if you can, try to do this dinner (or one of the others), it's so worth it.

Animal Kingdom is fine but there isn't as much you can take a small child on other than the Safari ride and then to the petting zoo area. Plus, the park does close way earlier than the others so if you want your moneys worth and aren't park hopping, don't go there. If you are willing to park hop, go to A.K. first thing, do the safari ride and maybe hit a couple more things then head to M.K. at noon to enjoy everything there ..... and don't miss the fireworks, they are amazing! Have fun!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"