May 2014 Moms
Options

Feels like I swallowed a brick...

What is going on today?! Feels like everything I eat sits in my esophagus and doesn't get quite make it to my belly what is up with this

Re: Feels like I swallowed a brick...

• Options
    I felt the same way yesterday. It was awful. I felt much better today though - hopefully you'll feel better soon too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I get that a lot, so I looked it up and it's a type of heartburn or acid re-flux. It's super annoying. Not even tums helped. Hopefully it gets better for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had that too. I felt like I was overeating when I could barely eat three bites. Felt like it never quite made it to my stomach and wanted to come right back up.
  • Options
    This is how my heartburn started.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    Typical pregnancy-related slow digestion. Drink a lot of water and eat small meals that are easy to digest. If you have pain or burning, it's probably reflux. You can take Tums, Zantac, or whatever acid reducer your doctor recommends.

This problem peaked for me around 15 weeks. Salad and raw veggies were the worst. I had to completely stop eating them.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    jenb_99 said:

Typical pregnancy-related slow digestion. Drink a lot of water and eat small meals that are easy to digest. If you have pain or burning, it's probably reflux. You can take Tums, Zantac, or whatever acid reducer your doctor recommends.

This problem peaked for me around 15 weeks. Salad and raw veggies were the worst. I had to completely stop eating them.

I'll be 15 w Saturday it seems like its when I eat a bigger meal ( typically dinner) I can't help it I'm so hungry lol
  • Options
    I'm a nurse and also have had the same problem in the past. It is acid reflux. Try making sure you sit up at least 30 min after meals, don't eat high fatty foods or really big meals, avoid spicy food. Try tums or Maalox. If it doesn't get better in a few days you may need an rx for reflux. The problem is if you keep taking antacids with calcium (tums) the calcium initially calms the stomach but induces more acid production. Also if left untreated for a long time can cause irritation and erosion of your esophagus which can turn into an ulcer. The acid from your stomach isn't meant to be in your esophagus and it cant handle it, the acid erodes the lining. GL

Me:: 32 DH: 37

TTC since 2008

8+ IUI's

IVF June 2013 fresh 2 grade 1 embryos-BFN

IVF frozen transfer Aug 16 2013- 3 embryos=SUCCESS!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've had bad acid reflux for awhile and pregnancy has definitely made it worse. I have cut out all tomatoes and orange juice. I have actually had good luck with Earth Mama Angel Baby's Heartburn Tea. I drink it right before bed and it really does help!
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"