2nd Trimester
Options

nipple question

I'm a FTM and 1st pregnancy...my nipples have been extremely itchy. The itchiness is not accompanied by pain just normal nipple sensitivity. Is this a normal pregnany symptom or could it mean something else? Any thoughts or feedback you have would be appreciated. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: nipple question

• Options
    Totally normal. Mine were like this with DD and with this pg too.
    Acaphor helps a little.

imageimage
  • Options
    Mine are itchy too, but only when I get cold, ie my nipples get hard..  I wouldn't worry about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Normal, skin is probably stretching
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my first, someone on these boards said 'During pregnancy, your boobs are like National Geographic channel. Crazy things happen.' It really stuck with me, and it's completely true.

Lotion on your breasts will calm the stretching itch - go for a thick lotion like Eucerin calming cream.  BUT be careful what you use on your nipples in particular - stay away from scents. You may want to go ahead an buy a tube of lanolin from the nursing babies section at the store. Just use a dab on your nips to moisturize them. (Just use a dab because lanolin is thick and heavy and too much will ruin your bra.) It isn't scented, and it stays in place really well.  Don't be too rough on your nips, pregnancy is hard for them too (and you don't want to stimulate contractions).
  • Options
    InLovewSB said:
    When I was pregnant with my first, someone on these boards said 'During pregnancy, your boobs are like National Geographic channel. Crazy things happen.' It really stuck with me, and it's completely true.

Lotion on your breasts will calm the stretching itch - go for a thick lotion like Eucerin calming cream.  BUT be careful what you use on your nipples in particular - stay away from scents. You may want to go ahead an buy a tube of lanolin from the nursing babies section at the store. Just use a dab on your nips to moisturize them. (Just use a dab because lanolin is thick and heavy and too much will ruin your bra.) It isn't scented, and it stays in place really well.  Don't be too rough on your nips, pregnancy is hard for them too (and you don't want to stimulate contractions).
    lol, I've been thinking this, but have been too afraid to admit it out loud!  I'm amazed at how many changes your body goes through for pregnancy.  
  • Options
    Peah12Peah12 member
    edited November 2013
    I've had the same problem - I think it's partially dry skin and irritation. I've been using Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter (which can also be safely used when nursing) and it's helped a lot. It's all natural, plus it smells really good too! They also make a lotion which feels really good on a stretching belly.
  • Options
    I second Aquaphor. In the shower, I soap them up and pat dry when done and dap on some Aquaphor or Vaseline to stop the itchies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"