February 2013 Moms
Options

BLW and Green Beans

Ds loves green beans out of a can and hates fresh ones. It makes me so sad. When he was starting out with purees I bought his baby food. Then I started making it. He never liked it when I made the green beans. Fastforward to now. Green beans was one of the first foods I started dd with last month. I put up a ton of gallon size bags of green beans during the summer. She loved them. One day a couple weeks ago my mil gave dd canned green beans. Now she takes a bite of my green beans a refuses to continue to eat them. It makes me sad that my kids would rather have canned vs fresh. Anyone have any suggestions to get dd to like my green beans again?
                Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
               Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                         EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM

Re: BLW and Green Beans

• Options
    Cook your fresh ones longer? My mom would rather have canned vs. fresh. She says its because the fresh ones aren't as soft. My LO is green bean hound and doesn't care how they are served!
  • Options
    It's probably the salt in the canned ones that they like more.  Maybe if you add a little more to yours they would prefer them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try steaming some fresh ones and not purée ing it. Just let him hold it and gnaw on it and he might get back into fresh foods!
  • Options
    I was also guessing the salt.

I would just steam it to make a little softer and maybe try some other spices to make it more interesting if he doesn't like them plain? Thyme, maybe?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    Thanks ladies. You are right it's probably the salt. I don't add any to her's. I will try putting a little garlic salt next time. I have cooked them softer and just under crunchy. She does prefer them softer like the cans.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    I agree! Steam them. My daughter was the same exact way about peas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"