Working Moms
Options

Au Pair versus nanny?

I've posted on here before, but it has been awhile so I will give you the abbreviated version/background:  DS had a nanny for the first year of his life, but now is in daycare. Due to the totality of all of our life circumstances, I feel like we will be going to go back with some sort of in-our-home care after baby number 2 arrives in May.  Accordingly, I am trying to decide between going with another live-out nanny, live-in nanny or an au pair. Based on my research, I think we most likely go with an au pair or a live-out nanny as I just really have not found a big market for "live in nannies." Any input from WM's who have considered both or who have had both? Advantages and disadvantages? 

Space is not a problem and an au pair would have her own room and bathroom, but an au pair would actually be in our house.  In other words, we don't have a garage apartment or MIL house or casita or pool house or something similar.  For those with an au pair, how have you adjusted to someone living in your house?  

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"