Pregnant after IF
Options

Told To Take Tylenol At First U/S @6wk

I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and I am having my 1st u/s as my beta numbers are not progressing well. The RE wants to look and see if it is ectopic or an impending loss or I suppose something else.  Today (24dp 3dt) my beta is at only 608.

The nurse just called and told me to take Tylenol before as "the procedure can be quite campy."

Anyone have this experience, is she right?  This is my first bfp thus I've never had an u/s for this purpose or at this point in time. It is really stressful and I'm looking for some advice from all you great gals.

Thanks!

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Told To Take Tylenol At First U/S @6wk

• Options
    First of all, I'm sorry you're going through this and hopefully everything works out! They probably want you to take the Tylenol because if they're looking for a possible ectopic, it could get uncomfortable as they may need to apply pressure to your tubes to get a good visual.
    **********SIGGY/TICKER WARNING**********

ALL WELCOME!

TTC since 04/12
    Me- 26 PCOS
    DH- 28 MFI
    10/13 IUI #1 (1 follie)- BFP!
    11/13 M/C @9 wk due to tetraploidy, one little boy in heaven
    01/14 IUI#2 (1 follie) BFN
    02/14 IUI #3 (3 follies) BFN
    03/14 IUI #4 (2 follies) BFN
    05/14 IVF/ICSI #1 CXL
    07/14 IVF/ICSI #1.2 6R, 6M, 5F, 2T, 2 frosties!
    Transferred 2-5dt  CP
    09/14 FET #1 BFP! Beta #1 52 Beta #2 152!
    10/20/14- It's TWINS!

1/15- TEAM PURPLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank You! And yes, they are looking for an ectopic because my betas aren't coming down or increasing properly.

IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.

image   image

image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had an ectopic pregnancy last year and the ultrasounds were uncomfortable. I think Tylenol is a great idea, just in case. I hope you are just a slow hcg doubler and all turns out to be just fine, though!

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk or have any questions about ectopics. Or miscarriages for that matter, as I've been through that three times in addition to the ectopic. I am rotting for you and have fingers crossed for you and your baby!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    whoops, obviously meant to say I'm rooting for you! 

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everyone, your words of encouragement are much appreciated!!

@tryingyetagain - I may take you up on that.  This is all new to me as it is my first successful bfp. Been so stressful with complications since my beta plateaued. My RE really doesn't have much hope for it being viable at this point.  So, I'm hoping for a miracle and pretty scared of what's to come if it is not viable.

image   image

image  image

• Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude to you in IF at all, just thought this board may be better suited to help. I'm really sorry you're in beta hell right now, and I'm hoping that your ultrasound goes well. Like the other girls said, I would expect it to feel like your monitoring appt ultrasounds, but I'd also take a few tylenol beforehand to be safe. Sending good juju into the universe for good news for you! xo

• Options
    First, so so sorry that you're going through this, I can only imagine how nerve wracking it must be.  Second, I had a u/s last week at 5w1d and I was super crampy afterward.  The u/s wasn't for the same reason as you, I had a bleed, but I didn't have cramping prior to the u/s but after it was pretty intense, AF-like cramps for the whole afternoon until bedtime and the u/s was around lunch.  I asked my nurse the next day and she said it's very common after a u/s at this point where there's a bunch of stuff going on in the uterus.  The u/s itself didn't feel any different than any other monitoring, it was just after when I was home and resting that I started to feel crampy.  GL and FX super tight for you!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    FX for you.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude to you in IF at all, just thought this board may be better suited to help. I'm really sorry you're in beta hell right now, and I'm hoping that your ultrasound goes well. Like the other girls said, I would expect it to feel like your monitoring appt ultrasounds, but I'd also take a few tylenol beforehand to be safe. Sending good juju into the universe for good news for you! xo
    No worries, you weren't rude.  Thanks for letting me know that this board may be better for advice.

image   image

image  image

• Options
    Yes, absolutely contact me if you want to talk or have any questions whatsoever. I will be thinking of you today and hoping for a miracle as well. They do happen!

Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Just an update.....

Went for my ultrasound this morning.  The RE was pretty certain there was no evidence of an ectopic pregnancy. So happy about that. Then the news wasn't so good. We saw what he believes is the implanted sac in my uterus. However, it was empty.  Given my hcg numbers and the empty sac he believes this is not a viable pregnancy.   He does want to wait a week and do another ultrasound though. So we'll see where we are at next week..  Until then, I will stop the PIO shots and have no more beta tests.

He did say there instances of miracles happening where with time the pregnancy gets back on track, however it is highly unlikely. I have read stories of this online so I am hoping for the best, but more realistically preparing for the worst.

image   image

image  image

• Options
    I am so sorry you didn't get better news. But I am so glad for you that it doesn't appear to be ectopic. I hope you will post another follow up on this thread when you know more. Hang in there, and pm me if you need to. (Hugs)

Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks so much! Trying to stay positive and be content in the fact that if it truly was not viable, then it truly is for the best. Anxious though for what the next week will bring. Already having more and more cramping.

image   image

image  image

• Options
    I'm sorry that you didn't get great news! I'll be praying for a miracle xo

• Options
    So sorry you didn't get the news that you were hoping for.  T&P that you have a little miracle in there!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    I'm sorry you didn't get great news, FX for a little miracle!
    **********SIGGY/TICKER WARNING**********

ALL WELCOME!

TTC since 04/12
    Me- 26 PCOS
    DH- 28 MFI
    10/13 IUI #1 (1 follie)- BFP!
    11/13 M/C @9 wk due to tetraploidy, one little boy in heaven
    01/14 IUI#2 (1 follie) BFN
    02/14 IUI #3 (3 follies) BFN
    03/14 IUI #4 (2 follies) BFN
    05/14 IVF/ICSI #1 CXL
    07/14 IVF/ICSI #1.2 6R, 6M, 5F, 2T, 2 frosties!
    Transferred 2-5dt  CP
    09/14 FET #1 BFP! Beta #1 52 Beta #2 152!
    10/20/14- It's TWINS!

1/15- TEAM PURPLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"