Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Post Partum changes (possible TMI)

just to preface, I do have an appt with my OB. I just kind of wanted to get some feelers out there to see if anyone is experiencing this this late in the game.  I'm still getting hot flashes at night, and overheat really quickly-which is the opposite of how it used to be for me, i used to get cold REALLY quickly and stay cold. But now I literally have hot flashes all night that wake me up.  My weight is back to pre pregnancy weight and i'm leaner than i was pre pregnancy, so it's not having extra baby weight. I also have 0 sex drive-zip, nadda.  It isn't a tiredness issue, or really an issue with my husband but i just have no desire to do that. I still need lubrication help, and even then it still hurts (I had a C section). i don't think about it at all, and when he brings it up I have no reaction except weariness. Also, i'm not breastfeeding, stopped at 8 weeks. I'm exhausted constantly (i'm pretty active in general but a SAHM so its not like i have to balance work) and idk...it seems like at almost 8 months, my hot flashes should have stopped, i should have SOMETHING resembling a sex drive/it shouldn't be painful, and i should have some energy.

Any one else?
BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)

Re: Post Partum changes (possible TMI)

• Options
    I'm with you on the hot flashes. I still wake up with pools of sweat. I open the window & my husband says "but it's freezing cold in here!!!"
  • Options
    7 months PP (after c/s) I have zero sex drive but there could be other reasons for that.  DDs dad seldom helps with her so I'm tired all the time and his lack of support with baby/household issues just feeds my desire to spork him to death. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are not alone in the lack of sex drive.  I stopped breastfeeding a month ago and thought it would return, but nope.  Also, it still hurts at the beginning (thanks episiotomy and tears) and I'm just kind of fearful about the whole thing and would rather sleep.  Poor husband.

• Options
    Ah ok. Thanks ladies...glad to see it's not just me (well, not glad, because it sucks for all of us and I'm sorry other people are going through hit). I do wonder if sometimes the sex drive is a mental block-Like, he thinks I should just "push through it" sometimes because it's intimacy but it doesn't FEEL intimate to me when I have no drive. So he's been on basically a romance strike all year-he put a bath together for valentines day for me and then ordered Chilis to go and got a board game for us to play after DD went to bed once I got the all clear to D2D. That's it in the romance department.  And yes, i've discussed this with him MULTIPLE times. 

Sometimes I don't get the male brain. I need to make an effort to fight through my utter exhaustion and hormonal dip/drive but he can't make the effort to..oh idk,  maybe pick a pizza up or make me dinner for once.  Or, you know, ask me how my day is.

Men ;). Still kind of freaks me out because it's zero for any male...just no urge at all. at all. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    I am usually a lurker but I am a May '13 mom.  It sounds like you may have a thyroid issue.  I had/have a thyroid condition and had the same symptoms.  I was losing weight, hot all the time, and constantly tired to the point where I could not concentrate.  At the height, even my handwriting suffered because I was very shaky.  However, I can't really speak to the no sex drive issue since I was 15 at the time.  ;-)

I'm sure your OB will check your levels but I would bring it up.  Good luck!
  • Options
    ^ this is what i was wondering about since I about 2 months ago all of a sudden I dropped like 8 lbs out of no where. I haven't really dropped weight since but I'm eating CONSTANTLY and even changed my diet by adding more carbs and my weight is about the same, no extra add on like you normally see....

thanks!
  • Options
    I've also had random periods of vertigo that seems like a blood pressure thing. idk. i need to get checked out
  • Options
    I feel the same, and my doc checked my levels and everything came back fine. She explained it as women have a harder time just "flipping a switch" from mom-mode to sexy-mode. When you're caring for a baby all day, having them clinging to you, etc. it can be hard to just turn that off and start feeling romantic in a hurry. Especially when you lie down and are already counting the minutes to their next waking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Read some trashy books, that always helps me. Im not talking 50 shades here, unless you like that but more romance novels.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"