September 2013 Moms
Options

3am rant!

Just venting about my SO... He has yet to do any diapers, other than maybe 2 pee diapers in the whole month and a half, which was okay by me because I'm not working and he does a lot of the house work BUTT what realllllly gets me angry is the fact that I can't find time to shower unless she's sleeping because she's not content with him. So I desperately needed a shower and it took me 2-3 hours to get her to sleep so I can take a 3am shower, not even 5 minutes in he comes in telling me to hurry because she's pooping. So I hurry out, legs half shaved... Open her diaper and THERE IS NO POOP! This would have been my SECOND uninterrupted shower...... So frustrated that I havnt even had a consecutive 20 minutes to myself at all because he can't comfort her, he doesn't even try to, the minute she cries he gives up and hands her over and says she wants to eat when half the time she just isn't comfortable the way he's holding her.. Sorry for the rant but if I would have let this out to him it would have been a warzone !

Re: 3am rant!

• Options
    That is crazy, he needs to be able to change a poop diaper, it's not rocket science. Also he should be able to watch the baby for 15 minutes while you shower. Is he refusing to do these things or does he just need more confidence that he can handle these things alone? If it's the latter you will just have to give them some alone time, maybe 15 minutes to start and work your way up from there. Honestly it's for his benefit too, he'll be able to bond more with baby if he has some one-on-one time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think he needs more confidence but when I try to show him what she likes he just gets frustrated and hands her to me.. He loves the easy stuff of course like playing with her while I'm around but says things like "if I puke you'll have to pick that up and change her diaper" when I ask him to change her... It's like I have 2 children.. He works hard and I appreciate that but I agree it takes the 2 of us, and he needs to do his part. Its so frustrating, and to try and not start an argument I try to hint to him things like, I'm gonna have to pay a nanny to come for an hour a day so I can shower and get us ready for the day,. Hoping he'll man up and say he can do it.
  • Options
    Maybe he doesn't think he's very good at changing a diaper? Make him change one while you supervise? My husband was worried he wouldn't be able to help with diapers, he gags at the slightest stinky smells. But he gets up at night to change the diaper. That's his duty when he's home. It doesn't bother him. I'd make your husband try it. Otherwise I'm at a loss for words if he can't watch the baby that you both made for 15 minutes. That's sad.
  • Options
    You guys gotta get on he same page. I would talk to him. It helped when I talked with my H.
  • Options
    It's time to stop being passive aggressive (mentioning the nanny thing) and sit down to talk about this. It's pretty ridiculous that he hasn't changed a poop diaper. You deserve a showe everyday at the least! I agree with pp suggestions, he's probably not confident. Go for a short walk and leave him alone so he doesn't have the option to hand her off. Good luck, I'm sure it's hard taking care of all 3 of you at once!
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• Options
    Your SO needs to build more confidence when w the baby. MH is amazing but was horrified at the beginning but after I showed him the deal, he slowly gained confidence and loves knowing what he is doing. Will YH want to learn? If so, be patient and help. If he is just being lazy, hand him his child and say toughen up!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Not being able to comfort LO is one thing, but not changing diapers?!? Even if your husband works and helps around the house (which is great!) he still needs to be a parent. You should have a serious talk with him and help him to realize he is not really doing his share. You deserve uninterrupted showers - and NOT at 3:00 a.m!!

I can relate on the other part - my DH is not great with comforting our LO right now - but he will at least give it a try. He puts music on loud and dances with DS, which usually gives me enough time to eat supper or whatever. And he always changes diapers when he's home. I really hope yours starts pitching in more!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ugh! That's awful! I'm sorry :( shower time is very important, and it's so enjoyable when you have someone there to watch the baby so you can relax!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    DH has always had a hard time adjusting to newborns. With DD he was very hands off until she was about 6 months. With DS he is he same way so far. Last week was the 2nd diaper he changed for DS....but I can't really complain because he has stepped up to the plate with DD and does all of her diapers and baths now. I hope it gets better for you! In a couple months when they are able to smile or giggle and "communicate" with DH, I feel that it gets much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"