Single Parents

finding a good attorney

as I am entering my 24 th week I want to find a good family law attorney but have no idea where to begin! any advice on what to look for in a lawyer? average cost? google can not be my only source !

Re: finding a good attorney

• Try going to your local courthouse for help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    20thirteenMommyKristin88
  • My attorney is awesome! His name is Rogers Boudreaux. He isn't the cheapest but he is a great attorney! He has really helped me out a lot and even gave me free advice the first time I ever called him. You can also check with the attorney generals office, I went there before I had hired Mr. Boudreaux.
  • Loading the player...
  • You can go online and find lawyers in your area. I believe they are even rated much like doctors are nowadays. Most give one hour free and you can usually tell if they are a good match for you. I visited two before selecting. You should also know what kind of personality you want. Do you want someone who is tough and a barracuda in court? Do you want someone all business? Do you need someone sympathetic and a listener to your woes? I chose all business myself but everyone needs something different. Cost depends on what you are doing.
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"