December 2010 Moms
Options

GTKY: New TV shows?

To help liven up the board, lets talk about your new favorite fall tv shows! What is something new you're watching this fall?

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: New TV shows?

• Options
    I'm loving The Goldbergs! I think it's hilarious that it's based off a real family and the mom cracks me up! If you haven't seen it yet, give it a try!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    bosha711bosha711 member
    edited October 2013
    We've watched it a couple times & it's pretty funny! I think that's the only brand new show I've watched though!

I watch new girl, and a bunch of reality junk - most of which I am too afraid to admit. Lol!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so behind on my shows that I've hardly had time to check out new ones.  Luckily (or unluckily) I've had time to catch up, since I've been home sick for a week. 

The only new show I've started watching is Witches of East End and I think I'm hooked.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

The Blacklist is one of my new favorite shows, I also enjoy The Goldbergs.

• Options
    EMOmammaEMOmamma member
    edited October 2013
    We checked out a few new ones, Brooklyn 99, Agents of Shield, and a few others but have already quit all of them.
    The only shows we watch now are Top Chef, Biggest Loser, New Girl, and Walking Dead. (And H watches Catfish & that other mtv vampire show sometimes)
    We watch a lot of sports.

image   image

• Options
    DH and I are loving Brooklyn 99. I think that's the only new show we are watching.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm giving Agents of Shield a shot, but so far not too impressed.  I think that's the only new one.  We've been so busy I haven't had a lot of chances to get into anything.  I have a huge backlog of episodes to watch of some of my other favs.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    I watched the premiere of Ravenswood last week. It comes on tonight. I haven't decided if I like it yet

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    No new shows this season, but old shows that are new to me: The Following (with Kevin Bacon) and New Girl. Still on the Parenthood, Grey's, and HIMYM train!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've been watching a lot of Sprout in our house lately ::sigh:: so we haven't really caught any new shows lately.

We have been trying to keep up with Elementary, Bones and Castle but that's about it.

Honestly, I am not sure where the time goes! I am always busy but never feel like I get anything done, lately.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    No new shows this season, but old shows that are new to me: The Following (with Kevin Bacon) and New Girl. Still on the Parenthood, Grey's, and HIMYM train!
    Are you still liking it? We're still watching because we've invested so many years into it, but last year and this year I think suck! I'm ready for it to be over.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have a new love for Pretty Little Liars (Old seasons on Netflix right now), Parenthood, Grey's, Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, and The League.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Options
    We tried Agents of Shield.  DH has already given up (he's super not into tv though).  I haven't given up yet, but I'm close.
    I'm also not all that into this season's Castle.  I only watched 2-3 of the episodes but it didn't quite grab me.
    I am really digging Nashville this season and I"m hit or miss on Once Upon a Time and Revenge.

I loved watching Torchwood (netflix).  I wish I could experience that series fresh all over again.  I'm considering trying Dr Who but haven't made up my mind if I want the commitment yet.  Oh, and I'm desperately waiting for Game of Thrones to start again.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    Oh we are watching the new American horror story too. I am waiting for it to get better.

• Options
    We don't watch much tv, so I don't even know what new shoes there are! :( We do watch series shows on netflix, though. We are on the second season of Breaking Bad, and are totally into it!
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    @kj07 - I kind of agree about Castle. I love the characters, but they need to go ahead and write her back to NYC somehow already. Trying to bridge between the old characters in NYC and the new ones in D.C. is so awkward and distracting.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Only new show I'm really getting into at all is Agents of Shield, and like some of the others, it isn't quite what I was hoping for.  I'm not giving up on it yet, but it isn't what I thought we'd be seeing.  I thought we'd see some other/new heroes being introduced a bit more and become recurring characters and they are focusing more on the hacker chick.

I've caught a couple episodes of Mom and it is awful, and I can see why We Are Men was canceled as well... that show stunk as well.

I keep wanting to give the Michael J. Fox show a shot because I like him, but I just can't seem to remember to watch/DVR it.  Heard good things about The Blacklist.
  • Options
    Are you still liking it? We're still watching because we've invested so many years into it, but last year and this year I think suck! I'm ready for it to be over.
    I know you addressed this Q to PP but jumping in, I agree the last 2 seasons are just not that funny, so sad when a good show goes out with a poof instead of a bang...bang, bang, bangedy ban bang...sorry couldn't resist
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    We really started getting in to the good wife and I love scandal, those are the only new-ish shows we've added to the rotation
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    I know you addressed this Q to PP but jumping in, I agree the last 2 seasons are just not that funny, so sad when a good show goes out with a poof instead of a bang...bang, bang, bangedy ban bang...sorry couldn't resist
    Ditto!  We have been HIMYM fans since the first episode, but it's seriously gone down hall.  Every episode is just filler, trying to drag things out until Ted finally meets the mother.  We still watch just because we've invested so much time into it.  It's one of the few shows DH and I watch together.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The only new shows we've watched are Sleepy Hollow and Agents of Sheild. So far both are just ok. We have lots of other older favorites though.
    imageimage
  • Options
    The Black list is really good! We are into Nashville, Vampire Diaries, and Revenge as well.
  • Options
    Blacklist and Agents of Shield! We loved Ray Donovan this summer too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

We don't have cable, but I'm tapping my foot waiting on new Call the Midwife episodes!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lulu8109 said:
    Ditto!  We have been HIMYM fans since the first episode, but it's seriously gone down hall.  Every episode is just filler, trying to drag things out until Ted finally meets the mother.  We still watch just because we've invested so much time into it.  It's one of the few shows DH and I watch together.
    I've said the same thing after every episode this fall.  I can't give it up because I want to see it through to the end, but they should have stopped after last season (or before).

• Options
    I watched the premiere of Ravenswood last week. It comes on tonight. I haven't decided if I like it yet
    I gave Ravenswood 2 episodes, but I just can't.  I love PLL, but I just can't get into Ravenswood.  I'll just count down the weeks until PLL comes back in January.

• Options
    lulu8109 said:
    I've said the same thing after every episode this fall.  I can't give it up because I want to see it through to the end, but they should have stopped after last season (or before).

This season is awful. The wedding episodes of any series are the worst episodes. They decided to turn it into the whole damn season. I am about ready to give up on it. It's making me cringe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"