September 2013 Moms
Options

Feeling stupid and terrible

So LO was fussy and crabby today. Pacifier didn't soothe her, breastfeeding helped briefly, but otherwise she was screaming and pushing me away when I tried holding and soothe her. She was like an angry hornet.

I cried my eyes out to the point of giving myself a headache. I hadn't done skin to skin feeding in awhile so we did that and she fell asleep. I laid with her and closed my eyes for 30 min then I felt her passing gas and she started stirring so I sat her on my legs and talked to her and rubbed her and she had a second poop of the day but it was a huge messy explosion.

After I changed her and put on warm jammies, she let me hold her contentedly and she's now out cold in my arms. I had given her gripe water earlier and didn't understand what was wrong or how to help her so I cried and cried and now I feel like a total jerk for not sensing she had an upset belly and was backed up.

Anyone Else have a similar experience where you feel like an ass for not knowing what was wrong? Feel free to share.

Here's little one happily snoozing now.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Feeling stupid and terrible

• Options
    That's what we had last night. Figured out it was the diaper pinching her legs.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    You're being way too hard on yourself, babies are a mystery. I've started getting better at knowing what DD needs and what we can do to soothe her but sometimes she cries just to cry, it happens. I'm pretty sure kids are a never ending learning process, just when you think you figure them out they throw you a curveball. It's the best thing ever but it's not always easy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I know it's a learning and growing process for us all. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

thanks @ilybeck for the encouraging words!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yup. For some reason every once in awhile when Caleb is crying, I try EVERYTHING before realizing he needs a diaper change. It should be so simple, but I offer him the breast multiple times, bounce him around, walk with him, burp him, wrap him up (or unwrap him, as the case may be), and other stuff before finally thinking, "Duh! He's probably wet or dirty!" And that's almost always it and then he's fine. Makes me feel stupid every time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"