Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Let's Talk About POOP

My 22 month old daughter is prone to launch into hysterics when she is constipated and needs to go.  We've had to leave church and come home before.  She screamed the entire way home.  Well, it struck her in Target the other day and she screamed the whole 15-20 minutes home.  I got her home and applied DiGize, an essential oil for tummy issues and she immediately settled down but didn't poop until an hour later.  It's now been 72 hours since she last pooped.  I've put DiGize on her twice last night and twice today as well as some very diluted peppermint oil.  Tons of my essential oil friends swear by this but it hasn't helped her much today.  I have her some watered down apple juice and made some prune juice for her.....she drank it ALL.  She's had probably 12-15oz of fluid since this morning other than her milk.  She went a little after the peppermint oil....but not three days worth.  I do NOT want to give her another suppository but it's looking more and more like I might have to.  I know she's constipated bc I could tell the poop she did have earlier had been hard....
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Let's Talk About POOP

• Options
    Works like a charm: https://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=15094&catid=182980&aid=338666&aparam=42886608024id15094&device=c&network=g&matchtype= 

To prevent this, give her more fiber, more fruits, and prune juice daily. And LOTS of water all the time.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    don't give her bananas, apples, lots of carbs... that all stops you up.
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh boy....she LOVES bananas.  There are so many foods she won't eat but she'll almost always eat bananas and peanut butter.  I'm afraid that might be the issue.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The pedialax is what we use.  I just feel like we are using them too frequently.  Looks like a change in diet is in store.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Miralax is what the pedi told us to use. Sounds like we were having the same exact problem. We just mixed it with her prune juice.
  • Options
    yeah... I think you need to make a change there.  I know bananas are awesome, but they are awful when it comes to constipation.  That would be the first thing to cut out.

See if she'll eat a prune or two a day.  Also offer pears.  Try to get her to eat beans.  My son loves soybeans and garbanzo beans.  And veggies... these are hard to get them to eat... but work great if you can get them to eat them.  Greens are the best. 

I know this is hard, but try to limit pasta, potatoes and white bread.  If you give her bread, make sure it is whole grain.  She needs more fiber and less carbs.
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"