3rd Trimester

Complete Breakdown

This Saturday, I was sitting in the baby's room trying to get more stuff put away, looking at everything that we have, and it really hit me, holy crap, I'm having a baby in two weeks.  I completely lost it.  Cried hysterically, almost hyperventilated, complete breakdown about everything.  What if I'm a horrible mom, what do we do with all the stuff we have, etc.  The rest of the weekend I was very emotional, cry easily, anger easily, I'm not a normally very emotional person, but now I am.  Someone please tell me this is normal at this stage.  I'm feeling like I may be losing my mind and I normally have pretty good control over things!

Re: Complete Breakdown

• You will be a great mom!  The fact that you are so worried about it all already shows you are a good mom because you want to do the right thing, and you totally will.

I think many ( ALL! ) women feel this way, I know I certainly do, and if someone says they arent overwhelmed at some point then they are not telling the truth.

You can do this.  Last week I started getting nervous and a good friend said to me " Look at all the idiots in the world that have babies and manage it, you'll be fine.'  She's right!

xoxo
  • I feel the same way on a daily basis, so you are not alone.

It's a very overwhelming, scary thing. I keep having to remind myself that my dog and husband will no longer be my top priorities as they have been for the past 4 years. It feels weird. I get scared I am not going to be a good mom, that I might not love the baby, that I'm not emotionally connecting to the baby in the womb, etc...

Don't worry. I keep telling myself that for a few years it will be crazy, but as they get older, your life will go back to the way it was before baby... and then when they go off to college, you'll wonder why you were ever so upset!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a panic everyday. I can't sleep past 4am anymore, I'm just too stressed out, about work and money and moving, not to mention birth and then being a mum!

If there is anything in particular you are worried about, maybe do some reading? I'm going to try my best for a natural labour, I have started reading birth skills by juju sundin, and have already found it so helpful, I am actually getting really excited for the birth!

If you are worried about parenting, go lurk on a couple of the parenting boards. You will find no matter what, you will always have support and advise on the bump!
  • You take one day at a time, one parenting decision at a time. Because you're thinking about it you're probably not going to be making crucial mistakes, and babies are tough and don't remember anyways about the little ones.
  • Thanks ladies...glad to know it isn't just me.  It's weird that the hormones are affecting me so badly at this stage in the game where I didn't have issues with them previously, but I do think that's part of it as well.  
  • With my first I panicked about not knowing certain things. I never broke down. I was too excited :) once that baby gets here you will be so happy and nothing else will matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"