Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Fighting tears in the fitting room

So I went shopping today to find clothes that fit because everything I own is now too small. The weight I gained with my pregnancy didn't fly away after my d&c and I'm struggling with the emotions. To have to deal with my altered body and now not have my baby as the happy outcome. I felt horrible trying to find clothes and fighting not telling the nice sales girl who was helping me through this process that I recently miscarried and thats why I had gained this extra weight. Thats not fair to her. She was so helpful and smiley and eager to help me. All I wanted to do was sit on the little bench in the fitting room and write a post about how I was feeling and cry. So i guess what I want to say is, thanks ladies for always being here when I need you to listen. And for being patient with my rambling posts. I appreciate your kind words and quiet understanding because you all know exactly what I'm going through

EDD: March 12,2015

Re: Fighting tears in the fitting room

• Options
    I am sorry you are dealing with this. It really sucks. ((Hugs)) to you and I hope your day gets better!
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    @hannahsellers I had to take in a bridesmaid dress into david's bridal I had ordered 8 sizes too big because "I knew" I would be pregnant by my friend's wedding which is next weekend.  The seamstress at david's was so mean to me because I didn't leave much time for alterations.  I ended up telling this mean lady that I had a miscarriage and that's why I have to get the dress altered.  IT SUCKED.

I am so sorry we have to go through this.  It's like pouring salt on an open wound.  I did buy a couple of things a size larger, even if I had to go a size up it made me feel better being able to wear clothes that fit.  I also "invented" a jeans extender by using a ponytail holder looped through the hole part and I wrap it around the button so I can still wear some of my nice jeans. 

I just wanted to let you know that I'm there too (5 weeks later)...I should get my butt in gear and lose the weight! 

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally feel you.  I went through the same thing.  Honestly, I was living in dresses, leggings, and workout clothes until I was able to drop a few lbs.  I only dropped about 3-4 lbs, but it made a difference, even if it was only in my head.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are feeling this way, but I know exactly how you feel!  I haven't had my d&c yet and all my normal clothes are feeling so tight and uncomfortable.  I either have to wear maternity pants to feel comfortable or I need go buy a few pairs of pants one size bigger.  It has been a huge mental struggle for me, because I am refusing to go buy bigger clothes and wearing maternity clothes has just been a no-go for me as well.  I am hoping this passes for both of us!!! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    I totally understand how you feel.  I've been trying to get back on track with my eating and exercise this week because it seems to help get the endorphins going and even helps me sleep better which I know I need... It's not easy and this traveled road isn't fun for anyone.  Thinking of you.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options

omg, this is me.  I am going through the same thing.    I have zero motivation to go to the gym because I know I will meet people and they will ask "what happened".  Weight is not a taboo thing to discuss with my gym friends and I don't feel like explaining.  I have friends who ask when I will box or run again and I have no answer.

I've been avoiding gym & cafetaria.  The cafetaria is because the ladies there are so excited with my pregnancy, I don't want to tell them the bad news yet in front of many ppl (but I will). 

I told myself to go back on track today (as I told myself the same last week).   I have my running gear with me, it's just the motivation is not there anymore :(.

• Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. Huge ((hugs))!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'm sorry that you find yourself in this situation, as I can empathize. Emotional eating has not only kept me from losing the few pounds I gained in early pregnancy, but has added some in addition. I installed an app on my phone today... loving it so far! It's called Noom.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with these issues. I've always loved exercise and eating well and even during pregnancy i kept it all up but now i cant get off the couch, engage in anything productive or get the motivation to do so. thank you ladies for talking about this. it makes me feel a lot less guilty for not being back to "normal", whatever that will be after all this!

Missed M/C natural cycle 10/2013

DX PCOS 3/2014

2 cycles Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + TI - no response stair-stepped to Clomid 75 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Folistim + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim  - no response, repeated Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI = success! 12/2014

Beta 1 - 15 dpiui, 324, Beta 2 - 17 dpiui 750. Twins!!

My Blog: pcosandpizza.blogspot.com

• Options
    As I sit here eating chocolate after my follow up appt at my OB today, I continue to think of you ladies.  Wish none of us had to go through this.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"