2nd Trimester
Options

STM- Movement

IrishBaby1982IrishBaby1982 member
edited October 2013 in 2nd Trimester

Hi Ladies,

Luckily, I have been much more relaxed and calm this pregnancy.  I will be 20 weeks on Friday and I still really don't feel LO moving that much.  Last week I felt him a few times on and off but in the last few days nothing really.  I am a bit overweight and do have belly fat so I am thinking it could be that.  But, I always heard that 2nd time moms usually feel the baby much sooner.  Thoughts?

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM- Movement

• Options
    Did your dr. happen to say you have an anterior placenta? That could be the cause. I've got one and was told that i might not feel the baby for a while. 

Otherwise, it's possible that the  baby is just positioned such that you don't feel the movement well. When i feel the baby it's only in a few spots and not at all in others though I can't imagine that he's only kicking in a couple of spots ALL the time.

Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
  • Options
    I'm a week ahead of you and definitely don't have an anterior placenta, and I'm still rarely feeling movement.  If I lean forward in my desk, I can feel a few flutters, but it's very light and might be gas.  I keep asking my doctors if it's normal and they say yes, so I'm trying not to worry about it.  I'm average weight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"