Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

sticking things in noses

DD has started to constantly put her finger in her nose.  It seems to be only one nostril though, so I'm worried she's put something up there and it's stuck or maybe she's got some irritation in her nose. there's no bump, and we can't see anything with a flashlight.  She doesn't seem to have any breathing problems either, and of course she won't let me touch her nose to see if anything is clogged. 

it could very well be that she's 1 and realized she has a hole in her nose and likes to just stick her finger up there, so I'm trying not to overreact.  Plus last night in the tub she kept putting her finger in her sister's ear.  Clearly this is new and exciting, so it may just be that.  Plus she's not really around anything small - ever. I'm thinking if anything it's food or dirt.

Anyone else experience something stuck up their LO's nose?  What were the signs? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sticking things in noses

• Options
    I don't think your girl has anything up her nose.  She's just found her nose and is exploring right now.  Hence why she keeps sticking her fingers in her sisters ears...
    My son is doing the same thing now.  He picks his nose, and is constantly trying to pick mine. lol.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DS did the same thing around 12 months. He had his finger up there constantly and I was worried something might be stuck up there as well. I think he just figured out his finger conveniently fit in that hole. Turns out it was just a phase. He still does it sometimes but not nearly as often.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"