Attachment Parenting
Options

21 months sleep/wake?

I check out this board often for advice but rarely post as I don't usually have many questions!

I am wondering about the sleep cycle of a 21-24 month old. DD (21 months old) moved from her crib to her own bed a week ago and for a while (a month maybe?) she's been getting up once in the night and we just bring her into our bed. I have no problem with this at all (we co-slept until she was 5 months old and have always let her into our bed if we feel she needs it for comfort or whatever). What does a weaned 21-24 month old sleep cycle look like? I'm not interested in sleep-training her as it's more hassle than it's worth, but I'm expecting number 2 in February and I'd like to know more about the sleep cycle of a two-year old before number 2 comes so that I can mentally prepare for having 2 kids in my room (yes I know about not having the NB and the toddler in bed together)!

Re: 21 months sleep/wake?

• Options
    Every kid is different, so I'm sure you'll hear lots of different things.

There's a great book about normal sleep patterns at every stage of life. It's really a good read. Doesn't recommend sleep training, but hopes to shed light on understanding why your child sleeps the way she does and helps you develop reasonable expectations for sleep (I really like the stuff on teenage and adult sleep too!):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0737304944
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm not sure if he is normal or not, but DS is 22 months and goes to bed around 8pm and usually wakes between 6-7:30am. He wakes up in the middle of the night about 50% of the time and DH goes and sleeps with him for the rest of the night when that happens. I stopped bringing him into our bed when I got pregnant again and so far it has gone really well with DH going in to sleep with him. 

He usually naps for about 1-2 hours in the early afternoon. I have been waking him from naps if he is not up by 3:30pm because it starts to interfere with bedtime. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My domestic adventures blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"