Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Potty Training

Good Morning Ladies,

It's been a while since I've been here on the bump but I remember everyone having great advice so I thought I'd check in with you gals.

My daughter turned 2 Sept 28th, we'd tried to use the potty at the beginning of Sept, she went once and immediately after she went on the floor in the living room. She hasn't gone since, however she'll come tell me after she goes in her diaper.

I've made a decision to start this week proactive in potty training. I need your tips, tricks and advice please. I know about the timer and sticker rewards. This morning I sat her on the potty, she did nothing I gave her a sticker and set the timer for 40 mins to try again.... do they get rewards everytime whether they go or not? Is 40 mins the right time in between? TIA

Re: Potty Training

• Options
    Look up the 3 day PT method. It worked for us! DD goes pants less and accident free at home. We did it at about 17.5m, she's 19m now.
  • Options
    Wow! Thank you so much I had never heard of this before. I look forward to trying this!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The 3 day potty method was also recommended to us by a friend. I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but I know many have success with it. I have heard you have to be ready to hunker down at home for a long weekend, but that they get it really quick if you follow all the tips for success.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't do the timer thing they have to know when they need to go. Go pant less and when they have an accident rush them to the bathroom so they connect the two. Dd was pretty much pee trained in 3 days but poop is still an issue
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"