Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

2 1/2 year old keeps getting out of bed at night !

Last night it took until 10pm for him to stay in his bed . He then woke up at 1am , 3 am , 5 am and finally 7.30 !!! I am 25 weeks pregnant and this is killing me . Any advice please I'm so tired !!!!

Re: 2 1/2 year old keeps getting out of bed at night !

• Options
    What do you do when he gets out?

• Options
    I just walk him back to bed . Give him a kiss say nite nite and walk out .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is me too.

I just keep walking her back and maybe snuggle a bit.

I feel like she's becoming more aware of her surroundings at night and it scares her.

I hope it's just a phase and if I don't make a big deal out of it, it'll go away.

I'm so tired though.

• Options
    Gate at the door? Turn the lock around and lock him in? Make your DH get up and deal with it?
  • Options

This our update:

We made some changes in the past couple days that seemed to help. We shortened up the bedtime routine, which makes it seem like she's going to bed later. I've been using that extra time to snuggle with her a bit more. I know it's not the best, but she's only 2 and it's just a phase. The quiet wind down looking at her stars with me seems much more effective than stories or other quiet activities we were doing as of now.

I don't talk to her in there after we do prayers. We just lay. I ignore her chatter.

She's in a developmental phase where she's absorbing and learning at super speed all day long, I think she needs more time at night to just process.

When she's out, I leave and shut the door all the way. We were leaving it open a bit but she said, "Mama, shut!" the other night. I think it makes her feel safer.

Now if she gets up I hear her still no problem, but she's not roaming the house (which was a game to her). If she cries more than a minute or two I go in and we restart the cuddle routine for a bit. I know the difference between her "I need Mommy" and "I'm playing you fools" ;) cries so I judge accordingly. ;)

Sometimes she gets up and stands by the door, but kind of whines to herself and lays back down by the door and promptly falls asleep...Ha. Whatever. At least she's asleep. I'll fight the bed harder down the line, it's NBD to me right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"