Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

6 month growth spurt

My baby girl just hit 6 months on Sunday!! I have a few questions all packaged into one post...

Friday evening, she fell asleep even before bath time. Woke up once to nurse. Saturday ate a little but more, was a bit fussier. Saturday evening... Up every 20 mins! Literally. She didn't want snuggles and kept latching onto whatever skin she could find. So I nursed her about 5 times Saturday night. Sunday, she ate every hour!!! And then Sunday night every 20 mins she was up. I did my best just to let her cry, but let's face it... she could be an opera singer and go on forever!! Is this the 6th month growth spurt?

Also, when is it completely appropriate to night wean? Her night time routine is 715pm bath 8pm nurse 820pm snuggle with daddy. She typically goes to bed at 830pm, wakes up at 1030pm to nurse and then again at 330am. I wake her up at 7am to get ready for daycare. I would like to cut out the 1030pm nursing, but am unclear on when it is developmentally appropriate.

Re: 6 month growth spurt

• Options
    Definitely sounds like a growth spurt, just power through mama. 

not sure about night weaning for BF babies, I'm assuming you do it until she doesn't want it anymore but BFing mamas will know much more than i
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"