June 2013 Moms
Options

Healthy Habits Challenge

@34blondie @stackie16 and @anyone else who wants to play

In an effort to get the scale moving, I want to do a weekly healthy habit challenge. I figure we can do anything for 7 days and you can choose what you want to try.

This week's healthy habit is water. Try to drink the recommended 80 oz/day everyday this week. Already drinking tons of water? Replace a caloric drink with water.

GL ladies! Check back in if you need support or have ideas on ways to make the challenge easier
                                                              #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: Healthy Habits Challenge

• Options
    I'll play! :) 12 more lbs to go!

• Options
    I'm starting a 30 day ab and squat challenge on the 1st. I'll also keep up with this thread too!! Let's get our bodies back ladies!
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll play. I can definitely drink more water.
  • Options
    S504770 said:

I'm starting a 30 day ab and squat challenge on the 1st. I'll also keep up with this thread too!! Let's get our bodies back ladies!

I found that my LO loves being dropped up and down while I do squats. I guess that's an easy way for my legs to get into shape haha!

• Options
    I'll play too! But this challenge I already master. I'm paranoid about milk supply and I swear I see a difference with more water. So I drink about 130 oz a day!
  • Options

I'll play too! But this challenge I already master. I'm paranoid about milk supply and I swear I see a difference with more water. So I drink about 130 oz a day!

So what's your secret @nicolereed0324 ? What tips can you give the hydration challenged?

• Options
    Ill play!!  I gained almost 50lb, still hanging on to 20 extra :( wahhhh.  Def need more of the high quality H2O!  I have to keep a water bottle near me at all times or i wont drink enough.
  • Options
    This is a good one. I used to be great about water, but now I'm so friggin tired I drink extra coffee or a Monster.lol
  • Options
    I'm in.  I need to focus on drinking more water.  And for me it would like a work out challenge too- sometimes I am thirsty, but too lazy to go downstairs to get more water... so drinking more=moving more!

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    LaBellaVidaLaBellaVida member
    edited October 2013
    I'm in!! I've lost all my baby weight and dropped an extra 16 lbs on top of that. I still need/want to loose another 65 lb though.

I'm also starting today....going to walk a 4 mile track while I wear Owen!

Challenge accepted!!!

• Options
    RedCherry1109RedCherry1109 member
    edited October 2013
    I'll play, I need to lose some extra weight I gained over the years.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    I'm game :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in:)) drink away!!!!
  • Options
    I'm in! I get so busy with the boys and forget to drink. 6 lbs to go, then I'm hoping to drop another 15-20!

• Options
    I'm in too! I bring a water bottle to work and I brought our Brita for the office to use. A coworker kicks in a new filter now and then to help with the cost.

I definitely don't drink enough water in the evenings and on weekends, chocolate milk and wine look so much more appealing.

• Options
    I'm in!  I've been trying to drink more water but I have no idea how much I actually get, so I'll start counting.  
  • Options
    I'm game.  My supply seems to have dipped lately (boo!), so I definitely need to make sure I'm drinking enough water!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    megsw85 Diet Coke is my coffee and it runs my life too! Today I tried drinking a glass of water before my DC and it's 9:45 now and I've actually had 2 glasses of water and am just opening my DC now.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm in!! Great idea :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm in! Definitely need to up the H2O intake, especially on the weekends
  • Options
    @34blondie, we are water bottle twinsies. Same color and everything

• Options
    Im in too :). Does seltzer count? I drink a ton seltzer all day. No calories as well.

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm so in. I'm starting up tracking calories on mfp today. Water will definitely help stave off the mindless munching.

• Options
    I'll play too.  I drank plenty of water while pregnant because I was always soooo thirsty.  Now I don't feel as thirsty, but I'm prone to dehydration/sinus headaches and I've been having a lot of those lately. 

I find drinking water from a refillable sports bottle (not a plastic one) makes it more enjoyable.  I can't drink water from a regular water glass...it's just so blah.
  • Options
    I'm in too! What a great idea! I used to be really good about having a glass of water EVERY time LO ate and I've been forgetting lately now that he is a faster eater! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

• Options
    I need this challenge.  I was so busy all day at work I just realized I had less than 8 oz of water so far today and it's 4pm.  I did have about 20 oz of coffee so far though.  
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    I love this. I'm in! I don't think I drink 80oz of anything a day :/ so this will be a true challenge for me.
  • Options
    amtobey said:

Let's do this!!
    I'm pretty sure I drink like 16oz/water a day. I'm horrible.
    I've been drinking tea like it's my job though....

I wish it were my job to drink tea! That would be awesome!

I'm in on the water challenge.
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • Options
    mgm84mgm84 member
    edited October 2013
    I honestly don't think drinking so much water matters - as long as you stay hydrated.  There is water in everything we eat.  If you eat/drink and do more things that require more water, then drink more.  Or, chances are your body will tell you what you need.  

However, I have been 2 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight for almost 4 months now, so count me in!

Lilypie - (eoyh)

• Options
    @mgm84 that's the spirit :^o ...

The point of this is to try something for a week. If it works for you, great! Keep it going! If it doesn't work or isn't your jam, there will be a new thing to try next week.

• Options
    Sorry I went missing! Haha My tip is that I just always have a water bottle with me. I fill it all day long at work, drink two glasses during/after my workout, and two bottles in the evening. I don't really drink anything else though, except a glass of wine on Fridays!
  • Options
    I'm in! I don't drink anywhere near enough water most days. I've seen some people mark lines with hours on their water containers as consumption goals. I hate scales, so I'm tracking my measurement instead. My waist is now 31" and my goal is 28". 3 more to go!
  • Options
    I'm in! I have got to shed these last few pounds I'm hanging on to. I am about to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I've heard great things so we will see!
    Btw, this is a great idea @WasNotWas!
  • Options
    I'm in!
  • Options
    TheTamedShrewTheTamedShrew member
    edited October 2013
    I am trying to do this. It helps me to buy a plastic water bottle with a squirt top. That way you can
    glug(<----not a real word) through a bottle really fast and just keep filling it up. I would never drink that much by drinking it out of cups/glasses or even regular screw top bottles.

Eta: just kidding. Glug really is a word. I looked it up. Knowledge!!
    Anniversary       

• Options

Count me in!!! I have a super huge water bottle I got from the hospital when I had DS.  It holds 32oz..but I am lucky if I drink one of them in a day.  My goal now is to drink 3 all day.

Shark Attack!!

photo IMG_20130912_203149_226_zpsa547059c.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"