Toddlers: 24 Months+

hotels

we are planning a trip from ohio to savannah in feb and we have booked rooms that has a separate living room/bedroom because ds goes to bed about 7:30. the only problem is the drive back. there arent any of those rooms available where we are stopping. so how do you stay in a hotel room with your 2 yr old that goes to bed hours before you?!! thanks!
TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: hotels

• We had to do this a year ago for 5 nights in a row, DS was 22 months.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, once we got him to sleep (which was a little harder than normal of course), we basically just kept the lights off, had the TV on super quiet, and then DH and I just stayed quiet and played separately on our computers or the iPad, and went to sleep earlier than we normally would.  It wasn't ideal but it worked out ok.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • If your kid is good about going to sleep with you in the room, you can do what PPs said and just turn lights off until they fall asleep. If your kid is like mine and won't sleep while anyone else is in the room and awake, then bedtime ends up falling somewhere in the middle for all of us. :P  We usually just bring our Kindle or tablet and when he falls asleep, we read or watch a movie on the tablet, if we don't fall asleep before he does. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"