February 2013 Moms

Hypospadias

My LO was diagnosed with hypospadias at birth and is scheduled for his corrective surgery this Friday. I was curious if anyone on here had any experience with this on here. I am freaking out a bit. I know the surgery is a minor one but knowing he will go under anesthesia and have to go through this is heart breaking.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hypospadias

• Don't have any experience with that, but I just wanted to say good luck! I think I would be a mess in your shoes. I'm sure everything will turn out just fine though!
  • Hi, how did it go? My lil guy goes at the end of January. Any advice? 
  • Loading the player...
  • TMI, but my hubby has this. He said he had corrective surgery when he was a baby too and he is a perfectly healthy, normal male. I know this doesn't help with the now, but at least for some relief you can know that it's all just a moment in time that will pass and will become a memory. Hope your little man does well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @aer929 Surgery went very well and the recovery wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Surgery took about 3 hours total with the repair and circumcision. They put a stent in which was probably the hardest thing to care for. I would recommend buying a pack of larger size diapers. The stent has to point up and it will help make sure pee doesn't go everywhere. My LO was crawling around the next day like nothing happened so it was definitely worse on me than him. Also watch out for a rash and call doctor if you notice anything. He got a yeast infection bc it was so hard to keep the area dry with the stent. If you experience this, make sure e doctor prescribes the Nystatin Powder not the ointment. We battled the rash for three weeks after so just start with the powder to clear it quicker.. Good luck and definitely worse on you...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"