Special Needs
Options

Auntie (others can chime in too!)

I know I don't post a whole lot about dd2, but I also don't know a whole lot about typical development, so I need some incite.  She will be 3 in February.  She has never, as far as I know had anything on the MCHAT to indicate ASD.  I don't know that saying she is routine oriented would be exactly correct, but, for example. She will only sleep in her crib.  period.  And her nighttime routine is to turn the light off, kiss sissy & daddy goodnight, tell the moon goodnight, kiss her butterfly mobile goodnight & then she lays down, I give her, her "mommy blanket" her minnie blanket, (now her barney, because she is obsessed--he must go EVERYWHERE), I kiss her hand and tell her goodnight, etc.  If one of those things doesn't happen, it's hysteria and crying until she pukes.  

She also cannot be redirected from a tantrum, she will throw herself down on the floor and their is absolutely no reasoning with her.  Because of this, dd1 usually gets the short end of the stick, I feel bad, and I know it isn't right but it's just easier.  She does typically sleep all night 8pm-8am but that is something that has happened in the last 6 months or so, prior to that she was up 3-6 times a night.  

Cognitively I don't know if she's on track or not (I don't feel like she is..she doesn't have a clue on her colors yet, she also just started taking interest in TV)

She isn't receiving services from EI except for service coordination, she has a meeting in 2 weeks for her review, I assume we will keep service coordination until a referral to preschool, which i'm 99% sure she wouldn't qualify for the SN PS, however I am..worried, for lack of a better word.

I know you will probably have questions about other areas of development, I just didn't want to write a book.  Her speech was delayed but now is probably at a normal level.  She's always seemed..quirky to me, for lack of a better word.  

TIA

(I was thinking of making an appointment with the developmental pedi, but I wasn't sure if neuropsych would be better, or the preschool eval, but I'd rather wait until she's 3 so we are going off a 3 year old level for everything)

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: Auntie (others can chime in too!)

• Options
    Quick question: if she isn't receiving services from EI, what exactly are they coordinating?
  • Options
    funchickenfunchicken member
    edited October 2013
    My younger DD will also be 3 in February (yay February babies!), so I can tell you what she's like with the disclaimer that she is an extremely mellow kid.  Everyone comments on it. 
    We have a bedtime routine that we stick to pretty closely, but she doesn't need things to be exactly the same every time.  If I change something up on her she might protest a bit, but she isn't upset for a prolonged period of time, and we can move on.  She also doesn't have prolonged tantrums, but she is very sensitive.  She gets really embarrassed if she thinks she did something wrong, so I have to be careful about how I correct her. 
    I think twos can be really quirky.  Lots of DD2s preschool classmates are more rigid than she is.  DD1 was really into her routines at that age, around 3.5 or 4 she started rolling with it when we changed things on her.  I would do things like read 1-2 books instead of 3 if it was late.  DH and I would purposely forget a couple of her bedtime stuffed animals downstairs (she sleeps with about 30).  If I had a sore throat I wouldn't sing her bedtime song.  She doesn't bat an eye if we change things around now.My friend's DD didn't learn her colors until she was closer to four--I think I remember reading something about there being a pretty big range for when kids learn colors.ETA: Sorry the bump is doing something weird with my paragraphs.  That last one was supposed to be two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"