Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby poop...

Hi all,

My daughter is just over 5 months. She was pooping really infrequently for the last few months - on average every 4 days I'd say. About a week ago, she went 6-7 days without pooping. I was about to call the Doctor and then she went. Since then (a week ago, she's gone more like twice a day). I'm worried only because it's such a change from 'normal' for her. She is eating alright, has wet diapers, and seems okay (as fussy as normal!). Her poops are a bit more liquid-y but not really different otherwise.

Any advice? Am not sure if I should worry or not.

Thanks!!

Re: Baby poop...

• Options
    pcat13 said:

If everything is normal except the pooping, I wouldn't worry
    much about it. My daughter's pooping habits have changed every couple months, it can be affected by what you eat (if you are BFing) or what you feed her if you are feeding solids. 

I would say though, go with your gut, if you feel uncomfortable, you can call the doctor, but there are many factors that can affect their pooping.
    This.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you are EBFing it is perfectly normal to get only 1 poopy diaper a week or 3 a day.  It can vary based on growth patterns, what you eat, etc.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just FYI that our Dr. suspects she has a sensitivity to milk protein and they found some (not visible) blood in her stool. So if anyone else experiences the same, it's not necessarily normal. The Dr said this was a big change from what was normal for her, and so it was unlikely to be 'nothing'.
  • Options
    Kari234 said:
    Just FYI that our Dr. suspects she has a sensitivity to milk protein and they found some (not visible) blood in her stool. So if anyone else experiences the same, it's not necessarily normal. The Dr said this was a big change from what was normal for her, and so it was unlikely to be 'nothing'.

Good thing you called.  Like PP's said, go with your gut.  I always do and am usually right.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"