Natural Birth
Options

Homebirth Support

Hey Mommas! I'm looking for some fellow homebirthers for support! I'm due in May with our third, my first was a hospital induction and epi, second was an all natural med free birth center and this time we are planning for a homebirth!!

Re: Homebirth Support

• Options
    I'm due 12/6. 3rd DD. 1st homebirth here after 2 hospital births. Welcome!

• Options
    How exciting! We can't wait! I also love love my midwives, they are so very supportive and easy going. I love going to my appointments in their office because they have an awesome basket of toys and they don't care that my boys dump them all out. I just feel so stress free around them! My husband was deployed for my first med free birth last Oct so it's really exciting to see how things will go with him here. I'm so excited to have him here this time for the support!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due January 1st & am planning a home birth too! My first was a hospital birth, complete with induction & epidural. So excited for this experience :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hey @MegCullen! I'm due 5/11 with my first and am planning a home birth! What an exciting time for you. I've attended a home birth of two different 2nd time moms and their experiences were amazing and not as long and challenging as their firsts. I hope your home birth is everything you are hoping for. Are you hiring a doula? PM me anytime. We should stay in touch!
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• Options
    Just had my second home water birth 6 weeks ago and would be very happy to answer any questions. It was amazing and can't believe how fast the time is flying!!
  • Options
    I had Dd at home after having Ds in a hospital. I loved my experience and would totally do it again if we decided on a 3rd. Definitely reach out to other HBers. Having a support system is a necessity :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    This baby due in Dec. will be my 4 th homebirth.  Best wishes!
  • Options
    Did you have to convince your husband that a homebirth was best? I want to homebirth, due in April with baby #3, but he is just not comfortable with it. I'm a doula and I know the statistics, have told him about them many times. I guess the hospital it is for us since we have no birthing centers. Was there anything that did the trick so to speak to convince him, or was he on board with it already?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm also a doula! Cool! :) my husband was a little iffy about it. What is yours concerned about? We basically just went for a consult with the midwives I wanted to use and they involved him completley! They asked him several times if he had any questions and answered them all right away. When we got in the car he said "I'm excited, lets do this!" I don't think he would have come around if they hadn't been so understanding with him. I told them ahead of time that he was nervous and they eased every one of his fears :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"