Multiples
Options

Another Stroller Q

DD just turned 2, the boys are 3mos. We live in a rural area and it would primarily be used when I'm out running errands with more than one of the kiddos. My thoughts are to ergo/Moby one twin then use the stroller for DD and the other twin rather than buy a triple. I doubt we can afford more than $250 (and that's saving up for the next several months) since we have to get their non-infant car seats still. We have a DSNG that we are currently using and my favorite consignment store is keeping an eye out for a double for us.

1) Would you go with a side by side or tandem?

2) What would you rec given our (likely) price point?
J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13

Re: Another Stroller Q

• Options
    I would do a side by side. I really wanted a BJCM but unfortunately we didn't have the money for it when we were looking. We did extensive research and got the Joovy X2 (under $250). It's pretty awesome. I ended up getting some unexpected bonus money a few months ago and we bought a second stroller (a BJCM) and I kinda prefer the Joovy. Hope that helps.
    photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Because you wrote that it would mostly be used for running errands, I would do a tandem. Side by sides don't fit through most doorways, but would be nice for more outdoor activites.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    edited October 2013
    Side by sides get used for a longer amount of time, IMO. The kids fit in them better. Tandems are long and in tight spaces are as much of a PITA as side by sides. Plus they get heavy to push when your kids are bigger. I had a tandem and SBS and retired my tandem a year before my SBS. I would look for a SBS that allowed a toddler ride-along board, whatever those are called. Or maybe you could find a used Valco with a Joey seat.
  • Options
    My SBS fits anywhere that's wheelchair excessible.
  • Options
    Both of my SBS fit thru standard doorways (Joovy and Baby Jogger City Mini)
    photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My SBS fits anywhere that's wheelchair excessible.
    So does mine! And I love that both seats recline flat and I can actually use the basket under the seats.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"