June 2014 Moms
Options

PGAL telling ppl + intro

I've been lurking for a minute - PGAL, FTM, didn't want to join fully in discussions till I passed my milestone...well, I did, so here I am!  :) I'm a mom to 3 dogs, lover of all things artsy crafty, and the hubs is a triathlete in a major way. :)

So I have similar question to the questionthathasbeenaskedatrilliontimes. BUT, it has more to do with my feelings as PGAL than it does with just telling people in general. I was preg with my first back in July/August, and we did all the super special "surprise! we're pregnant" things then. It's the first grandbaby all around, so the reactions were pretty priceless. I MC'd in August. I'm further along now than I was then (whew), but it's still early (6w4d). Problem is, I pretty much HAVE to tell because we are going on vaca next week and all staying in the same condo, riding together, etc. My need to stop and tinkle, occasional nausea, extreme food aversions, and the fact that I tend to snap when I'm typically a sweetish person...well, they'll all be solid tip-offs. 

The problem isn't whether to tell (it's happening) so much as HOW to tell. I'm happy that I got to feel August's little critter growing inside for a minute, I have a wealth of emotions associated with that. But in regards to telling ppl I'm preg NOW, I can't help but have a "we wasted the good surprise on you" type of feeling!  The hubs really just wants to make a general announcement on the first night of vaca instead of doing all the planning we did last time. I honestly can't think of anything better. What were your families' reactions in a PGAL sort of way, and did you do a special thing?

Re: PGAL telling ppl + intro

• Options
    I haven't announced to anyone yet because I m/c late in my first trimester. I'm sure that no matter how you announce the big surprise they will all be so happy for you. Good luck!!
  • Options
    We told everyone last time and I mc at 9 weeks. This time I only told the people in my family closest to me. I didn't do it in any special way, just sent them a text with a picture of the test. When I was pregnant with my DS I made a copy of the first ultrasound and put it in my grandfather's father's day card and he opened it in front of everyone.

Maybe first night at dinner do a toast and announce it that way?
    imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    S&K17S&K17 member
    edited October 2013
    Hi there I am sorry for your loss but so happy for you that you are past your milestone with this little one. I lost my very first pregnancy the same time as you - in august at around 6 weeks. We never had the chance to surprise my parents over the summer as I miscarried before we got around to it. However I did tell then when I miscarried as I just needed my mom.

This time around, we told my parents right away. To tell them, I made iron-ons that said Grandma's Little Shopping Buddy and Grandpa's Pit Crew (dad races) and put them onto onesies. They knew right when they opened the gift and Even though they knew it was not our first pregnancy and that we weren't in the clear just yet they were so happy, tears, hugs etc.

I don't know if that helps at all, but we didn't want to look back and regret not tellingn my parents in a special way just because we were scared.

No matter what you decide, it will be special and the people who love you will be so happy for you. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"