Pregnant after 35
Options

Hi! FTM @36

I will be expecting my first in May.  I'm 36, DH is 38.  I feel like I have been around babies my whole life, but now I feel like I know NOTHING!  Registry?  Have no clue!  Feeding? No Clue!  Sleeping? No clue...so many questions, and it will be here before I know it!  Anyway, I hope to learn from some of you that already have children!  Thanks!
Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

Re: Hi! FTM @36

• Options
    Hello & welcome.  I'm due in May and a FTM also.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I'm due in early June with our second!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! It can be overwhelming. As for the registry get the Baby Bargins book. Also do you have a friend who just had a baby to take with you when registering. That helps so much. As for feeding there are so many schools of thought. With DS we did a 3 hour schedule with eating every 3 hours then play then sleep during the day. We would wake up DS to stick with this schedule during the day. At night once he was a few weeks old we were able to transition to whenever DS needed to eat and not be so strict with his night time but day time was pretty consistent. Good luck! You will figure it out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I am too am 36 y/o and a FTM.  I'm so excited about our growing family and want to tell family and friends, but DH doesn't want anyone to know until I'm about 12 weeks.  It's killing me to keep it a secret since everyone's always asking me if I'm pregnant yet.  I'm so glad I found this board.
    :)

DH: 39 Me: 38
    DD 6.14.14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm 38 and expecting my first on May 30 or June 1. I feel exactly as you do but I am sure we will figure it out! This board and my birth month board have been great resources and so supportive.

Congratulations and welcome!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!

Someone on my BMB suggested "Lucie's List" for a registry checklist. That's as far as I've gotten in registering!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    StephPVStephPV member
    edited October 2013
    I am 36 and a FTM as well.  My sister sent me this link which shows the "necessities" vs. the "nice to have's".  Thought it was helpful.
    welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm a FTM, age 36 (will be just shy of 37) when I deliver in March.  Like another poster said the Baby Bargains book is helpful.  Best of luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so happy that there are so many of us ftm 35+!! I'm 36, also a ftm due in May :-h
  • Options
    Congrats! FTM here also. I have gone from having absolutely no clue to having somewhat of a clue on a few topics in the last few weeks. It certainly is overwhelming at first but you have time!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I'm excited yet have so many questions running through my head!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• Options

I am 36 FTM, due in May.  Excited to see so many of us!

• Options
    I am a FTM due to have my baby Dec. 30th I am 38 and will be just a week and a half from my 39th birthday.  My husband will be 42 when our baby is born.  I am glad to know there are other out there having their firsts at an older age. 
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    Even though this is not my first, I still have my moments of freaking out that our family is growing :)

My best advice: Try not to over-complicate things. Keep it simple where you can, and develop a routine (not a timed or very strict schedule, unless medically necessary). Pregnancy and the first few years really fly by as it is without stressing out about every little detail.

You'll be surprised at how much of it will seem second nature to you once your little one is here.
     I've never read any of the parenting books and I'm definitely not the perfect mom, but my kids have turned out pretty well.  Never in a million years did I ever think I would be a SAHM to a boatload of kids and some of it came by trial and error, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Best wishes to you!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    I'm also a FTM at 36. DH will be 39 the day after our first appt. I will be 37 when baby is here. Glad to see other FTM with the same questions as me. Will be looking for any tips/advice I can get.
  • Options
    I too am a FTM at 36, due in June and I'll be 37 at that time! I share the excited and nervous feelings! Looking forward to ending this first trimester and then I will feel better about planning and researching! I have a terrible fear of jinxing myself! Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too and someone on the January board told me about Lucie's List. It's been a lifesaver. Honestly, I used it to make my entire registry and for buying a stroller and other necessities. She breaks it down and tells you what you really don't need. https://www.lucieslist.com
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my first, I turned 36 shortly after he was born; DH was 40. Nothing wrong with older FTMs. Don't worry too much, you'll figure things out. The things you don't figure out, you can ask about. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! I was a FTM at 36 too!  I had a overall fantastic pregnancy and my delivery was super awesome.  My baby boy is now almost 8 months old and the time did go by so quickly.  Both my husband and I were also nervous because for me it's been quite sometime since I've been around babies but my husband has never been around them so it was even scarier for him.  He is so great with our son! It was like something just clicked and we knew what to do, you will as well.  Good Luck! 
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm due in July so looks like we will be on a journey together ! :)
  • Options

I'm new here too... 35 and will be 36 in July when baby comes.  My husband is 41 and will be 42.  First baby for both of us!

I know exactly what you mean... I have tons of babies and kids in my family but now I feel clueless! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"