Preemies
Options

Preemie specific formula.

How long did you LO receive a specialty formula such as neosure?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Preemie specific formula.

• Options
    Our pedi said our LO will be on her fortifier; enfamil enfacare until "she sees steady weigh gain" which by the sounds of it will be a few months. Our LO is gaining, 13oz in 10 days so I'm not sure. Sorry to not have an exact answer, feels like pedis don't either. It's when they see fit.
  • Options
    Our pedi wants us on it for a couple more months - although I've been bad lately because I've started increasing breastfeeding sessions so he's not getting as much of the enfacare as before.
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @direy25 same here. But when we went for our LO 2 weeks weight check (it was 10 days) she gained 13oz! Soooo I didn't feel all that bad. :-).
  • Options
    We stopped fortifying when they were released from the NICU. We EBFed and they gained appropriately.

• Options
    My 29w4d boys were switched at 9m actual.
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    About 2.5 months. Just a couple weeks past her due date.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ok, so different for everyone. Thanks for answering. My girls are gaining well despite all their spitting up. I'm hoping to switch to something easier on their tummies soon.
  • Options
    It probably depends on how early and how small they were. DD was on Neosure until 12 months actual. She was 27 weeks and 1lb 11 oz.
  • Options
    We stayed on Neosure until she was about 9 or 10 months actual.  We asked to switch to Similac Advance (since it had a generic) and they had us mix it to give the extra calories that Neosure gives. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Options
    DD started on neosure, but it seemed to upset her tummy so we switched to enfacare. Seemed to make a difference for a bit, but now seems like she's having issues again. She was a 2-pounder and is now only 6.11 at 12 weeks so I'm not sure pedi will want us to switch yet.
  • Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    edited October 2013
    My pedi would like H to be on Enfacare until he's a year old.  He's 7 1/2 months actual (6 months adjusted)  He's eating solids now though, so I'm hoping that he'll be gaining more through the two combined
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Options
    As of now I've been told for a year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

• Options
    Thanks everyone! They will we're born at 33/4. They're gaining weight well. Pedi wants them to stay on it at least until their 4 month (actual ) check up. It just seems so rough on their tummies. Especially since they're eating more.
  • Options
    Its rough on DD's tummy and I called and asked if I could switch.  For now they said no, but to increase her Zantac and that she could take gas drops more frequently.  They said they may do a blood test to test her iron levels before letter her go off neosure.

Another mommy I was in the NICU with just took her kid off on her own and said he's doing much better in the tummy area.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

• Options
    conradtn said:

Its rough on DD's tummy and I called and asked if I could switch.  For now they said no, but to increase her Zantac and that she could take gas drops more frequently.  They said they may do a blood test to test her iron levels before letter her go off neosure.

Another mommy I was in the NICU with just took her kid off on her own and said he's doing much better in the tummy area.

Neosure bothered my DD's tummy too. We switched to Enfamil Enfacare, which is their preemie version. She's done much better since the switch. She's on Zantac also due to reflux. We're also adding 1tsp of rice cereal per ounce of formula and that's helped too. The pedi didn't mind the switch since they're both preemie formulas.
  • Options
    We got the ok to stop neosure at 1 actual, her pedi said that we could continue it until 14 months actual (1yr adjusted) if we wanted or switch her to real milk, but she was still to get high calorie foods, we just got the all clear for normal calories at her 15 month well baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"