Multiples

When did you "drop?"

I will be 30 weeks this coming Tuesday with twin boys and am really struggling with how high the babies are up in my ribs.  I am a teacher and constantly on my feet during the day.  I get home and all I want to do is relax however this past week has been especially uncomfortable because not only can I not breathe very well, but there is NO position I am comfortable in; laying down, sitting, on my side, reclined in a chair, pillow between my legs, you name it...I've tried it.  I am to the point now where I am an emotional wreak at night because I am exhausted and simply cannot relax.  I am measuring right on target but am carrying them super high.  As a FTM I have no past experience to assist me in this, so I am looking for any advice and wondering at what point did your multiples "drop" and you possibly finally found a little relief. Thanks so much in advance.

Re: When did you "drop?"

• No advice but will be stalking this thread! 30 wks on Sunday with the same issues!

Are you taking off work early? I left at 26 weeks bc there's no way I could be that uncomfortable and work with children (I'm an ECE and worked in. Preschool classroom)
  • I don't know what is normal but baby A dropped at 26 weeks for me. My dr said that her head was pretty firmly in place and engaged. I went from measuring 34wk to 30 wk. unfortunately baby B is taking advantage of all the extra space so I still have a baby in the ribs :p

(I have had preterm labor issues though so my baby A might just be doing things early trying to escape...)
  • Loading the player...
  • @tootsscott-I am a middle school special education teacher. (Bless your heart for working with preschoolers, I could never do it!) I would love to take off NOW, but for financial reasons and the fact that I am not ready to relinquish control of my classroom to a sub, I am holding off as long as I can.  My pregnancy has been picture perfect (knock on wood) and the doctors feel that as long as I am okay with it, I can continue to work as long as I want.  My goal is to make it to Thanksgiving...this takes me to 34wks. However if this discomfort continues it may be sooner.  I am beyond miserable. I'm totally jealous of you already being away from the classroom! Hang in there lady, we both seem to be in the same boat!
  • Omg....bless you for still working!! I'm almost 21 weeks and am a 4k teacher. Granted things have been fine, I'm measuring 8 weeks ahead so I'm large, uncomfortable, and have pains daily. My job doesn't really allow me to sit it take care of my own needs. I'm with my students 24/7 minus my 30 minutes for lunch. I'm feeling ready to throw in the towel already!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• I'm 31 weeks almost 32 and mine dropped around 28 wks BUT then 'grew back' to getting bigger. Getting even remotely comfortable is so difficult! My post probably isn't very helpful but hang in there! We can do it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"