December 2012 Moms
Options

Late period

I was suppose to get my period this past Sunday; it is now 915 pm on Thursday. I took a test today and it was negative. What are other causes to a missed period? Could my body still be regulating things, even though I've been pretty much on time for my last couple of periods? I did spot a little earlier but it stopped so I'm confused and was convinced I was pregnant until I took the test. Anyone still experiencing wacky periods since they came back?

Re: Late period

• Options
    I have only had one period, about seven weeks ago. I have taken a couple of tests, and I am not pregnant. I was never really that regular before though, so I am not that surprised. Still, a little frustrating since we are ready to try for number two.
  • Options
    You could have a late period for a number of reasons.  I would wait until Sunday, then it's a full week late, and test again.  If it's still negative maybe give your doctor a call and see what he/she says.  

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    After a baby it's pretty normal to have weird periods. More so if you nurse. I would keep testing once a week until you get your period or you get a positive pregnancy test. Use back up BC during this time. If you go 60 days without a period then call your doc. They won't do anything for you until your 60 days late.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would say the first two times mine came back kinda wonky but after that they were regular like clockwork. Mine have always been pretty regular though and I think you have to consider if you were regular before or not. Also, I think PP's gave you good advice and to keep taking tests and check out for other signs of pregnancy. I think the spotting though could mean that yours are still coming in wonky or implantation bleeding. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    After a baby it's pretty normal to have weird periods. More so if you nurse. I would keep testing once a week until you get your period or you get a positive pregnancy test. Use back up BC during this time. If you go 60 days without a period then call your doc. They won't do anything for you until your 60 days late.
    60 days really....I have never had to go that long without seeing my doctor.  She always wanted to see me if I was 2 weeks late with 2 negative pregnancy tests.  I couldn't imagine having to wait 2 months. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    60 days really....I have never had to go that long without seeing my doctor.  She always wanted to see me if I was 2 weeks late with 2 negative pregnancy tests.  I couldn't imagine having to wait 2 months. 
    60 days is actually average.
    Yup! I know I can have almost 60 day cycles. No need to waste my doctors time over a wonky cycle.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow, I've never had to wait that long.  I guess doctors are different though so to each their own. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    Thanks! I'll wait til Sunday to test again, if I don't get it by then.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It could definitely be wonky....my cycles have been on the longer side since the babies were born (luteal phase has been the same as before, but the follicular phase has been longer, which, according to what I've read and heard from my doctor, is normal). What's your basis for expecting your period on Sunday? Are you going by typical length of your cycles or are you temping&charting? It's possible that you ovulated a little later this cycle and AF is just coming a bit later b/c of that. Ditto PPs to wait a bit longer but if no change, call your doctor. GL!
  • Options
    Addy1227Addy1227 member
    edited October 2013
    I'm normally very regular, every 28 days like clock work with a typical migraine the day before. I had a migraine for no reason today so I'm thinking I'll get it tonight/tomorrow morning. It's just strange having it be late and not knowing why. Being even a day late is not normal for me. 
  • Options
    It's normal to have the rare long cycle. Not everything happens on an exact timetable. You more than likely ovulated late. It's common.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"