Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Suddenly hates bath time?

Anyone else's LO randomly start hating baths?

DD has always seemed to enjoy bath time, especially once she could sit up and was able to "play" more while in the tub.  The past few weeks, though, most baths she just cries through.  I think it's just that she's tired - she has never been a good napper, and comes home pretty tired most nights, so I think the issue is just her being tired/cranky.  But in the back of my mind I'm worried that it's something else, so just curious if this has happened to anyone else?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         

Re: Suddenly hates bath time?

• haha I just realized my siggy pic is evidence of the previously happy bath time baby :)
  • PinkandLove77PinkandLove77 member
    edited October 2013
    My DS is kinda going through the same thing lately. He is 7.5 months old, and I think it's because he just wants to stand up and attempt crawling/moving. All he does is fuss and try to get out, pull up on my arms, etc. 

He just ALWAYS wants to be on the move right now but can't .. 

Edit: but I miss my bath loving little boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • YES! No idea what happened. she doesn't even like the water running! i do know my DH still bathes her in the sling (he will not listen to me when i say she's too big/too old for that) so i think she hates that. we did a trial run in the bath with me and her, and she didn't like the water, but once i distracted her with measuring spoons and cups she was fine
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • My LO went through the same thing for a few weeks and now is back to loving them again.  We had to let her stand in the water for a few minutes first, then sit down.  First I thought it was the water temp, but she would do this even if we cooled it off.  She's now back to her splashing rubber ducky loving self now, thank goodness!  She is 7 months.  Love the soggy pic by the way!
  • The other night her frog toy (as seen in the pic haha) got her to quit screaming, but it still seems to be her least favorite thing.  Maybe more and new toys will help.  I also hadn't thought of getting in the bath with her, maybe I will try that too!
  • YES!!! We just started baths in our tub not the baby bath and the 1st day she just sat in the bath seat, didn't cry but didnt really play with toys. 2nd day she was fine and actually played with toys.3rd day as soon as we got into the bathroom and she saw the tub with water she started to hysterically cry so it was a super fast bath just to clean her cause i felt so bad. 4th day again she started to cry so i gave her the binky and she was kinda ok, she didn't want to play and after 5 mins into it she started crying and wanted out! I don't want to revert back to small tub so i will continue to try each night with the hopes of her getting use to it. I just feel so bad cause she loved taking bathes (in small tub) and now hates it :( She use to love bath time :( 
  • I am starting to think it may be an issue of her being overtired at bath time.  The other night DH just took her in the shower with him, and she did fine with that, and then last night she actually got an extra nap in, so was happier in general in the evening, and bath time was a success. Could have been a fluke though :)
  • DS was the opposite- started off hating baths! Then, one day I gave him a bath during the day for some reason... LOVED it. So now that's what we do.

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"