September 2013 Moms

Insomnia

Does anyone else have trouble going back to sleep in the middle of the night? I can usually feed and change my DD is less than 30 minutes, but then I always lay in bed for at least an hour and can't fall back asleep. Is this from hormones? Ive tried drinking milk before I get back in bed, but that hasn't worked. I wouldn't be nearly as exhausted if I could just go back to sleep right away!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Insomnia

• I've had trouble falling back to sleep some nights after the 3:00 AM feeding. One night I never fell back to sleep. I'm pretty much always a crappy sleeper, though, so I can't even really blame it on hormones.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've heard using electronics can make it more difficult to fall back asleep. It's not easy to not entertain myself somehow but maybe this could be a contributing factor?
  • Loading the player...
  • I do play games on my phone while she eats. I'll try not to night and see if that helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the same. Eliminate the phone and also towards the end of feeding LO close your eyes to try and make yourself drowsy again. Also, don't turn on any lights ... just use a nightlight, enough so you can see what you're doing.
  • I'm having the same problem. My DD falls back to sleep and last night it took me two hours to fall back to sleep. I feel like I stalk the monitor to make sure she is really asleep (she is), and I can't turn off my brain. It's really frustrating (she will be 8 weeks tomorrow).
  • I'm having the same problem. My DD falls back to sleep and last night it took me two hours to fall back to sleep. I feel like I stalk the monitor to make sure she is really asleep (she is), and I can't turn off my brain. It's really frustrating (she will be 8 weeks tomorrow).

This used to be me too, I would just stare at the monitor waiting for her to fuss and get up even though she was fast asleep. Finally one night my fiance said I had to stop and that he would get up with her if she didn't get to sleep. Of course he knew she was asleep and that he wouldn't have to get up but after he did that, I never really had problems sleeping. I needed a reality check or something, lol.

I also agree with everyone, I don't use my phone or anything and we only have a dim lamp in her room that stays on at night.
  • I had really bad insomnia for a week or so. Try not to dwell on it, as that will cause anxiety. My friend gave me a lavender scented air freshener to help me relax. I also use a white noise machine. I feel for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"